Rev. John (Jack) Burton, (1922-2002)
Add Reply
jean penman
2017-09-04 08:23:02 UTC
The Rev. John Richard [Jack] Burton, former Vicar of Ellacombe, and
Honorary Canon of Torre, died at Exeter, 13 September, 2002.
He was born in 1922, and educated at Emmanuel College, Cambridge [BA
1947, MA 1951], & at Wycliffe Hall, Oxford.
Career: ordained a priest in 1951, he began his ministry as Curate of
St John's Church, Reading 1950-52; Curate of St Andrew's, Plymouth,
Diocese of Exeter 1952-56; Vicar of Christ Church, Plymouth, 1956-59;
Vicar of Ellacombe, 1959-74; Team Vicar, Central Torquay 1974-76;
Warden Maillard House of Healing, 1976-87; Hon. Canon of Torre,
1976-82; retired 1987.
--Message for Michael Rhodes: We are searching for Kathleen Burton ex-wife of Jack Burton, in relationship to her friendship with Morag and Paul Bramley during their time in Plymouth. Do you know if she is still alive?
Michael Rhodes.
l***@gmail.com
2019-08-22 19:53:37 UTC
Hi,
I am John Burton - son of Jack Burton. Feel free to contact me if you wish in relation to contacting Kathleen Burton.
Regards,
John