Michigan J. Frog croaks
Add Reply
Joe Thomas
2005-07-23 02:30:30 UTC
Charlie McCollum, 01:41 PM in Charlie McCollum, TV

Michigan J. Frog, the icon of the WB since the network was launched, has
Frog croaked. The immediate cause of death was given as complications from a
shift in corporate strategy.

The WB suits probably didn't mean to announce the passing on The Tour but
they stumbled into it when someone asked about new art work for promotion of
the fall TV season that did not include The Frog. Garth Ancier, chairman of
the WB, then admitted Michigan had died at the age of 50. (The signing and
dancing Michigan first appeared in a Warner Bros. cartoon short in 1955.)

Ancier then went on to explain that The Frog no longer fit the new image of
the WB, although -- throughout his talk with reporters -- he couldn't quite
explain what that image was. Private services for The Frog will be held at
some future date.
AndrewJ
2005-07-23 01:40:25 UTC
A hundred years from now some construction worker's going to come
across him singing and dancing in the wreckage of some building, and
try to make a mint off him. Take my word.
Joe Thomas
2005-07-23 03:48:21 UTC
It will happen one froggy evening.

Joe
Blinky the Shark
2005-07-23 02:57:03 UTC
Post by Joe Thomas
Post by AndrewJ
A hundred years from now some construction worker's going to come
across him singing and dancing in the wreckage of some building, and
try to make a mint off him. Take my word.
It will happen one froggy evening.
CNN's reporting that Mr. Frog's legs are missing; a Frenchman was seen
leaving the premises, but he eluded authorities.
--
Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
Joe Thomas
Blinky the Shark
2005-07-23 03:12:08 UTC
Post by Joe Thomas
Post by Blinky the Shark
Post by Joe Thomas
Post by AndrewJ
A hundred years from now some construction worker's going to come
across him singing and dancing in the wreckage of some building, and
try to make a mint off him. Take my word.
It will happen one froggy evening.
CNN's reporting that Mr. Frog's legs are missing; a Frenchman was seen
leaving the premises, but he eluded authorities.
I don't wish to leap to conclusions, but I think that is bull.
You got me; I'm just a toady to the media.
--
Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
Tregembo
2005-07-23 06:18:13 UTC
I understand they're planning a memorial service for him in Anaheim...yes,
at The Pond!

Ray Arthur
Rob Petrie
And he got away, too.
Louisiana Lou
2005-07-23 03:18:34 UTC
Your every word is riveting.
d***@comcast.net
2005-07-23 04:47:56 UTC
Hello, my baby,
Hello, my honey,
Hello, my ragtime gal.
Send me a kiss by wire,
Baby my heart's on fire!
If you refuse me,
Honey, you'll lose me,
Then you'll be left alone;
Oh, baby, telephone,
And tell me I'm your own.
Hello! Hello! Hello there!
Why Am I here?
2005-07-23 07:36:18 UTC
Post by d***@comcast.net
Hello, my baby,
Hello, my honey,
Hello, my ragtime gal.
Send me a kiss by wire,
Baby my heart's on fire!
If you refuse me,
Honey, you'll lose me,
Then you'll be left alone;
Oh, baby, telephone,
And tell me I'm your own.
Hello! Hello! Hello there!
The WB is proud to present another crappy program that no one will
seeeeeee....I need a drink...
David Samuel Barr
2005-07-24 10:38:03 UTC
Post by d***@comcast.net
Hello, my baby,
Hello, my honey,
Hello, my ragtime gal.
Send me a kiss by wire,
Baby my heart's on fire!
If you refuse me,
Honey, you'll lose me,
Then you'll be left alone;
Oh, baby, telephone,
And tell me I'm your own.
Hello! Hello! Hello there!
Written by Ida Emerson & Joseph E. Howard in 1899, "Hello Ma Baby" was a
hit record that year for both Arthur Collins (on Edison; #1 for 4 of its
10 chart weeks) and Len Spencer (on Berliner; #1 for 6 of its 12 chart
weeks).

For complete details on the songs in "One Froggy Evening", see my post at
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/alt.animation.warner-bros/msg/9b8709bb8b87f474
Fragile Warrior Bees
2005-07-23 17:51:00 UTC
Goodbye, my honey... goodbye, my baby... goodbye, my rag-time frog...
Brad Ferguson
2005-07-23 19:44:31 UTC
Post by Fragile Warrior Bees
Goodbye, my honey... goodbye, my baby... goodbye, my rag-time frog...
It's better this way. "One Froggy Evening" is one of the two best
cartoons ever made. (The other is "What's Opera, Doc?") It always
pissed me off that the frog was drafted into acting as a shill for a
weblet.
FREE JUDITH MILLER
Joe Thomas
2005-07-23 21:07:27 UTC
High Diving Hare. The best ever. Just how stubborn is Yosemite Sam?
R H Draney
2005-07-24 06:50:45 UTC
Post by Joe Thomas
Post by Brad Ferguson
It's better this way. "One Froggy Evening" is one of the two best
cartoons ever made. (The other is "What's Opera, Doc?") It always
pissed me off that the frog was drafted into acting as a shill for a
weblet.
High Diving Hare. The best ever. Just how stubborn is Yosemite Sam?
The trilogy of "Rabbit Fire", "Rabbit Seasoning", and "Duck, Rabbit, Duck" is
right up there too, and the give-and-take lends itself to adoption in real-life
situations...I've often been heard to observe "aha! pronoun trouble!" when a
verbal misunderstanding occurs....

(For unrelated reasons, there's much to be said for "Brave Little Bat")....r
l***@yahoo.com
2005-07-25 18:21:38 UTC
Post by Joe Thomas
High Diving Hare. The best ever. Just how stubborn is Yosemite Sam?
*I* like "Robin Hood Daffy."

And since I loved the 1940s kids' book by Frank Tashlin, I'm sure I'd
love the 1960s 10-minute cartoon "The Bear That Wasn't" if only I could
find it. Or if the local revival theatre would show it, since they show
other old cartoons quite often!

Lenona.
j***@gmail.com
2018-10-25 20:52:47 UTC
hi

Fragile Warrior Bees
2005-07-23 21:10:48 UTC
Post by Brad Ferguson
Post by Fragile Warrior Bees
Goodbye, my honey... goodbye, my baby... goodbye, my rag-time frog...
It's better this way. "One Froggy Evening" is one of the two best
cartoons ever made. (The other is "What's Opera, Doc?") It always
pissed me off that the frog was drafted into acting as a shill for a
weblet.
I read somewhere the people who don't know opera by the proper song names*
can have their memory jogged by someone saying, "They mean the 'Kill The
Wabbit!" song."

No shit.
Fragile Warrior Bees
2005-07-23 21:17:59 UTC
Post by Brad Ferguson
Post by Fragile Warrior Bees
Goodbye, my honey... goodbye, my baby... goodbye, my rag-time frog...
It's better this way. "One Froggy Evening" is one of the two best
cartoons ever made. (The other is "What's Opera, Doc?") It always
pissed me off that the frog was drafted into acting as a shill for a
weblet.
I read somewhere the people who don't know opera by the proper song names*
can have their memory jogged by someone saying, "They mean the 'Kill The
Wabbit!" song."
No shit.
Oops. Forgot my * note:
In this case, The Ride of the Valkyries