Semi-OT: theory about Florida...
Lenona
2021-08-21 18:32:57 UTC
Found this:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/floridas-education-department-warns-school-163303041.html

In response, cfdavep wrote:

Destabilizing the school system

"Someone on "the front page" of reddit a few days ago came up with the theory that Florida and its GOP Gov is trying to end public schools, by making it too dangerous for kids to go there, with these no mask, don't have to be vaccinated mandates. I don't know how many kids Delta will kill or render disabled in the long run, but many are going back mask free really soon.

"The goal according to the poster is there will be too few kids in schools...ie dead...or mostly parents homeschooling to keep them away from Delta and then that will pave the way for Christian Fundie schools, which would be very into masks and vaccines if parents do not want homeschooling and few do. Kids can be safe, but the GOP wants a new generation of "Handmaid Tale Bible Thumping Wonders. I wouldn't put it past them. An interesting theory."

toraneko wrote:
"I think it's more like they're trying to sabotage the democrats' chances in the next election by blaming the current situation on them. They're sacrificing their own followers to do so, and these fools are too stupid to see it."
Reply Quote
Terry del Fuego
2021-08-21 23:35:41 UTC
Post by Lenona
"Someone on "the front page" of reddit a few days ago came up with the theory
that Florida and its GOP Gov is trying to end public schools, by making it too
dangerous for kids to go there
They're morally capable of such an atrocity, but are they
intellectually capable of thinking that far ahead? It's not
impossible, but it seems more likely that they're just enjoying
killing kids. It might be interesting to see if there's any
correlation between the body count and increased sales of personal
lubricant and tissues.