OT Healthwatch: SCOTUS Associate Justice RBGinsburg-- fall/fractured ribs
2018-11-09 05:35:04 UTC
https://variety.com/2018/politics/news/ruth-bader-ginsburg-hospitalized-fractured-ribs-1203023097/

HOME >Politics >News

November 8, 2018 6:48AM PT

Ruth Bader Ginsburg Hospitalized With Fractured Ribs

Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg was hospitalized after she fell in her office and fractured three ribs, the court said Thursday.

The 85-year-old went home after falling, but was taken to George Washington University Hospital in Washington early Thursday after experiencing discomfort during the night. Tests showed she fractured three ribs on her left side and she was admitted for observation and treatment, according to a statement from the court.

Ginsburg’s heath has been the subject of public concern for years as the court’s oldest justice has been a prominent progressive voice on the bench. She’s faced health concerns in the past, including another bout with fractured ribs in 2012. She had two prior battles with cancer and had a stent placed to open a blocked artery in 2014.

She was appointed to the court by former president Bill Clinton in 1993. If Ginsburg steps down during the Trump administration, the president will choose a appointee. Donald Trump has already appointed Neil Gorsuch and Brett Kavanaugh during his term, further tilting the court right.

Liberal figures expressed concern for Ginsburg on social media, sending well wishes her way. Former Obama aide Valerie Jarrett wrote, “Wishing Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg a speedy recovery. She is a true force of nature, an extraordinary human being and we need her on the Supreme Court more than ever.”

Actor George Takei said, “Please take care of yourself, Justice Ginsberg. You are our guardian angel. A nation sends its collective wishes for your health and full recovery.”

Actress Leslie Grossman offered to donate her ribs to protect the supreme court justice. “If Ruth Bader Ginsburg needs any of my bones or internal organs I don’t need mine,” she joked.
David Carson
2018-11-09 13:53:23 UTC
Thomas will probably retire soon after.
Kenny McCormack
2018-11-09 16:30:39 UTC
Post by David Carson
Post by That Derek
https://variety.com/2018/politics/news/ruth-bader-ginsburg-hospitalized-fractured-ribs-1203023097/
If Ginsburg steps down during the Trump administration, the president will
choose a appointee.
Thomas will probably retire soon after.
I'm surprised the Orange One doesn't make them all retire (or die) and then
replace them all with 20 year olds. That's be his legacy for the next 70
years or so.

The average 20 year old (college dropout) wouldn't be any worse than the
picks he's already made.
--
The key difference between faith and science is that in science, evidence that
doesn't fit the theory tends to weaken the theory (that is, make it less likely to
the assumption that Satan is testing you - trying to make you abandon your faith).
Louis Epstein
2018-11-10 00:58:12 UTC
Post by David Carson
Post by That Derek
https://variety.com/2018/politics/news/ruth-bader-ginsburg-hospitalized-fractured-ribs-1203023097/
If Ginsburg steps down during the Trump administration, the president will choose a appointee.
Thomas will probably retire soon after.
He's only 70...that's young to leave the SCOTUS.

e***@aol.com
2018-11-09 20:13:32 UTC
[...]
Your use of the word "Associate" in the thread title is largely superfluous and curious. And was not contained in the source article's headline or body.

And she was released from the hospital and back at work today.
Louis Epstein
2018-11-10 00:59:13 UTC
Post by e***@aol.com
Post by That Derek
[...]
It is,however,the formally correct title for the Justices other
than the Chief.
Adam H. Kerman
2018-11-10 19:33:39 UTC
Post by e***@aol.com
Your use of the word "Associate" in the thread title is largely
superfluous and curious. And was not contained in the source article's
headline or body.
No, he didn't use the word "Associate", he used the term "Associate
Justice", the term that's used for Supreme Court justices who aren't the
chief justice.

You're bitching about the use of a correct term. Wow. I don't expect you
to admit your error and apologize.