OT Deathwatch Paul Krassner
Slugger
2019-07-20 04:44:39 UTC
"The great Paul Krassner is in hospice and will be leaving us. He's
been a great friend to Mondo and to me and to many others and one of
the funniest and kindest people on earth. A cultural hero"

https://twitter.com/2000_mondo/status/1152054347217264640

Krassner, 87, long time publisher (writer, editor) of The Realist, is
the penulimate Yippie. His passing will leave only Ed Sanders, 79, from
the old gang of Lower East Side 60s radicals who founded the Youth
International Party in 1967 at Abbie Hoffman's place.
Bryan Styble
2019-07-20 05:16:18 UTC
Sorry to learn Krassner is ailing, much less terminally; he is a witty fellow and one of the few (intentionally-)funny guys in the New Left.

Indeed, I once quoted him in an issue of Zimmerman Blues magazine, in '77 I believe: "Paul Krassner predicts in his publication The Realist that The Beatles will reunite this year, but only to announce that Dylan is breaking up."

BRYAN STYBLE/Florida
m***@gmail.com
2019-07-21 03:44:23 UTC
Post by Slugger
"The great Paul Krassner is in hospice and will be leaving us. He's
been a great friend to Mondo and to me and to many others and one of
the funniest and kindest people on earth. A cultural hero"
https://twitter.com/2000_mondo/status/1152054347217264640
Krassner, 87, long time publisher (writer, editor) of The Realist, is
the penulimate Yippie. His passing will leave only Ed Sanders, 79, from
the old gang of Lower East Side 60s radicals who founded the Youth
International Party in 1967 at Abbie Hoffman's place.
I am sorry to hear this. The Realist was a great magazine, especially during the Vietnam War. Used to listen to him and Abbie on WBAI-FM in NYC during late 60s and early 70s.

Marc
Dave Garrett
2019-07-22 01:16:34 UTC
Post by m***@gmail.com
Post by Slugger
"The great Paul Krassner is in hospice and will be leaving us. He's
been a great friend to Mondo and to me and to many others and one of
the funniest and kindest people on earth. A cultural hero"
https://twitter.com/2000_mondo/status/1152054347217264640
Krassner, 87, long time publisher (writer, editor) of The Realist, is
the penulimate Yippie. His passing will leave only Ed Sanders, 79, from
the old gang of Lower East Side 60s radicals who founded the Youth
International Party in 1967 at Abbie Hoffman's place.
I am sorry to hear this. The Realist was a great magazine, especially during the Vietnam War. Used to listen to him and Abbie on WBAI-FM in NYC during late 60s and early 70s.
For those who are interested, and may not be aware, all issues of The
Realist are available online at The Realist Archive Project:

http://ep.tc/realist/
Dave
m***@gmail.com