Robert Morgenthau 1919-2019
2019-07-22 04:09:00 UTC
The New York papers are reporting the death of former District Attorney
and United States Attorney Robert Morgenthau (born July 31st 1919)
ten days short of his 100th birthday...11 days after the anniversary
of his older brother Henry III's death at age 101.
I happened to be at his family business buying donuts today.

2019-07-22 04:20:17 UTC
Post by Louis Epstein
The New York papers are reporting the death of former District Attorney
and United States Attorney Robert Morgenthau (born July 31st 1919)
ten days short of his 100th birthday...11 days after the anniversary
of his older brother Henry III's death at age 101.
I happened to be at his family business buying donuts today.
Per this article from late May,he was active and the final illness
was unexpected.
https://www.law.com/newyorklawjournal/2019/05/28/its-too-late-to-retire-nycs-longest-serving-da-says-as-he-approaches-100/?slreturn=20190622001308
Obits were likely drafted years ago for final prep nonetheless:
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/21/nyregion/robert-morgenthau-dead.html
https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/obituaries/robert-morgenthau-bane-of-rogue-banks-and-scofflaws-dies-at-99/2019/07/22/bc694970-ac33-11e9-a0c9-6d2d7818f3da_story.html
danny burstein
2019-07-22 04:32:04 UTC
Post by Louis Epstein
Per this article from late May,he was active and the final illness
was unexpected.
He hosted a Police Athletic League shindig June 17th and was sked
for the one July 10th. Don't know if he was at that one.
.
***@panix.com