Harlan Ellison, 84
2018-06-28 20:02:08 UTC
http://www.vulture.com/2018/06/writer-harlan-ellison-dead-at-84.html
Writer Harlan Ellison Dead at 84
By Jordan Crucchiola

The award-winning fantasy and science-fiction writer Harlan Ellison died today at the age of 84. His wife, Susan, confirmed the news. Ellison edited the influential anthology Dangerous Visions in 1967, and over the course of his storied career had won multiple Nebula, Hugo, Edward, Writers Guild of America, and Edgar Allen Poe Awards — to name just some of his honors. His biography, A Lit Fuse: The Provocative Life of Harlan Ellison, an Exploration, was published last year.

Christine Valada
@mcvalada
Susan Ellison has asked me to announce the passing of writer Harlan Ellison, in his sleep, earlier today. “For a brief time I was here, and for a brief time, I mattered.”—HE, 1934-2018. Arrangements for a celebration of his life are pending.

2:46 PM - Jun 28, 2018
J.D. Baldwin
2018-06-28 20:29:35 UTC
Post by Diner
The award-winning fantasy and science-fiction writer Harlan Ellison
died today at the age of 84.
I wrote him a fan letter when I was 12. I got back a hilarious,
two-paragraph, hand-written response. I know his reputation in the SF
community as -- to put it mildly -- an asshole. I have friends in the
"con" world who have personal stories that tend to confirm that
reputation. But he did do that one really nice thing that one time.
2018-06-28 23:23:49 UTC
One collection of his short stories bears this title:

"Love Ain't Nothing But Sex Misspelled."

(And if you're under 21, especially, that is very likely to be the case. There's a reason you seldom hear of two 30-year-olds, however buff, falling in love at first sight.)

Lenona.
Travoltron
2018-06-29 01:55:45 UTC
He's threatening the angels with legal action as we speak.
r***@gmail.com
2018-07-01 05:19:32 UTC
Post by Diner
[...]
dibs on his comics collection?