Golden Age Comic Book Artist Bob Fujitani Dies
Add Reply
D.D.Degg
2020-09-09 01:33:41 UTC
Comic strip and comic book artist Bob Fujitani has passed away.

Bob’s comic career began in the very early 1940s as a comic book artist.
He contributed to comic books into the 1960s, after which time he
seems to have done some commercial illustration.

He soon plunged into comic strips where he remained until the late 1990s.
http://www.dailycartoonist.com/index.php/2020/09/08/bob-fujitani-rip/
Lenona
2020-09-09 02:21:50 UTC
I see he worked on the detective strip "Rip Kirby" in the 1990s. (One person described Rip as a cross between Gregory Peck and Clark Gable.)

Granted, I only saw that strip in the 1970s. I look forward to volume 12 - which, by my calculations, should have been released already, this year!