Andy Dick & Tim Allen
Add Reply
j***@gmail.com
2019-04-14 03:48:04 UTC
I have direct information regarding Tim Allen being Andy dicks COUSIN not brother. Working an event a number of years ago I was around a lot of dick family members who claimed Tim's real last name is dick And Andy is his cousin.
A Friend
2019-04-14 08:18:25 UTC
Post by j***@gmail.com
I have direct information regarding Tim Allen being Andy dicks COUSIN not
brother. Working an event a number of years ago I was around a lot of dick
family members who claimed Tim's real last name is dick
It is.
Post by j***@gmail.com
And Andy is his cousin.
He's not a close cousin, if at all. (I guess all Dicks might be
related somehow.) Andy Dick was adopted by Allen and Sue Dick in
Charleston SC at his birth in 1965. Tim Alan Dick was born in Denver
in 1953 to Gerald and Martha Dick. (Note the spelling of Alan.)

My guess is that the family of Dicks you were talking to had a few
internal legends about Tim and Andy being directly related.
MJ Emigh
2019-04-14 11:26:03 UTC
And no one is claiming Paul Revere (of the Raiders) whose last name was also Dick?
Kenny McCormack
2019-04-14 11:37:18 UTC
Post by MJ Emigh
Post by A Friend
My guess is that the family of Dicks you were talking to had a few
internal legends about Tim and Andy being directly related.
And no one is claiming Paul Revere (of the Raiders) whose last name was also Dick?
And they were all a bunch of dicks, weren't they?

Funny that the only one (of the three mentioned so far in this thread) who
*didn't* change his name is the one who really was a dick. I mean, that
was pretty much his professional personnna.
--
"This ain't my first time at the rodeo"

is a line from the movie, Mommie Dearest, said by Joan Crawford at a board meeting.
A Friend
2019-04-14 14:35:26 UTC
Post by Kenny McCormack
Post by MJ Emigh
Post by A Friend
My guess is that the family of Dicks you were talking to had a few
internal legends about Tim and Andy being directly related.
And no one is claiming Paul Revere (of the Raiders) whose last name was also Dick?
And they were all a bunch of dicks, weren't they?
Funny that the only one (of the three mentioned so far in this thread) who
*didn't* change his name is the one who really was a dick. I mean, that
was pretty much his professional personnna.
It was more than an act. Take a look at the Wikipedia article about
him, especially the stuff about how Jon Lovitz absolutely hated him,
and the reason for it.
Kenny McCormack
2019-04-14 14:43:42 UTC
Post by A Friend
Post by Kenny McCormack
Post by MJ Emigh
Post by A Friend
My guess is that the family of Dicks you were talking to had a few
internal legends about Tim and Andy being directly related.
And no one is claiming Paul Revere (of the Raiders) whose last name was also Dick?
And they were all a bunch of dicks, weren't they?
Funny that the only one (of the three mentioned so far in this thread) who
*didn't* change his name is the one who really was a dick. I mean, that
was pretty much his professional personnna.
It was more than an act. Take a look at the Wikipedia article about
him, especially the stuff about how Jon Lovitz absolutely hated him,
and the reason for it.
Thanks for the tip. I will do that.

And, BTW, I didn't mean to imply that it was "just an act".

As I think is clear (although it may not have been) from my text above,
everything I've seen indicates that, IRL, he is 100% a dick.

That said, I really liked "The Ben Stiller Show" (1992).
Andy Dick was, alas, the weakest link in that chain.
--
The motto of the GOP "base": You can't *be* a billionaire, but at least you
can vote like one.
Louis Epstein
2019-04-14 17:45:34 UTC
Post by Kenny McCormack
Post by A Friend
Post by Kenny McCormack
Post by MJ Emigh
Post by A Friend
[...]
I first noticed him in the "And God Spoke" mockumentary.

2019-04-14 17:44:34 UTC
Post by Kenny McCormack
Post by MJ Emigh
Post by A Friend
My guess is that the family of Dicks you were talking to had a few
internal legends about Tim and Andy being directly related.
And no one is claiming Paul Revere (of the Raiders) whose last name was also Dick?
And they were all a bunch of dicks, weren't they?
Funny that the only one (of the three mentioned so far in this thread) who
*didn't* change his name is the one who really was a dick. I mean, that
was pretty much his professional personnna.
So are any of them related to The Bank Dick (W.C. Fields who at least
is on topic)?