Neal Casal, 50, guitarist for Willie Nelson, Ryan Adams, Phil Lesh
2019-08-28 01:46:21 UTC
https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/neal-casal-guitarist-obit-dead-877036/

Home Music Music News

August 27, 2019 9:16AM ET

Neal Casal, Guitarist Who Worked With Willie Nelson, Shooter Jennings, Dead at 50

In-demand picker played in Ryan Adams’ the Cardinals, released numerous solo albums

By Jonathan Bernstein

Neal Casal, the influential roots guitarist who played with Willie Nelson, Shooter Jennings, Ryan Adams, Phil Lesh and more, has died at the age of 50. “Neal was a gentle, introspective, deeply soulful human being who lived his life through artistry and kindness,” read the announcement of his death on his Facebook page Tuesday morning.

“I can’t believe I’m having to say goodbye to my friend and my brother. It’s almost too painful,” longtime collaborator Chris Robinson said in a statement. “When I think about the songs we’ve written, the shows we’ve played and all the laughs and great times we shared it’s almost unbearable to know you’re gone. All of us in this rock & roll life have had to say goodbye to too many people too soon. I can only wish that you’ve found your peace returning to the wisdom of the universe. I miss you so much already, Neal. I’ll see you again, someday past the sunset.”

“Mine hasn’t really been a rock star life,” Casal said last year. “Granted, I’ve gotten to travel the world and see a lot of things that other people haven’t. Some of the other life building events that people go through… I haven’t had some of those things. It gets harder as you get older. I’ve definitely had an amazing life in music. That’s for sure. I’ve got to make so many records, tour, take photographers, write songs, meet new friends, and all of that.”
Bermuda999
Did he stutter?
That Derek
2019-08-28 14:34:49 UTC
Post by Bermuda999
Did he stutter?
"B-b-baby, you just ain't seen n-n-nothing yet!"