Semi-OT: On sending kids back to school
l***@yahoo.com
2020-07-13 18:21:38 UTC
"Can we talk about how catastrophic sending kids back to school in Fall is going to be and how it will probably push America's body count into the million range or over by Christmas?"

https://old.reddit.com/r/collapse/comments/hpg7bz/can_we_talk_about_how_catastrophic_sending_kids/

319 comments.

From the thread:

"Florida teacher here. The issue has a few sides to it. Teachers know it’s going to be a disaster. We know it’s a mistake. However, in most states teachers do not have the right to protest and if the union doesn’t do anything then it doesn’t matter...While teachers have been considered little more than care givers for years, this year is really bad. No one is even pretending they care about educations anymore, just free childcare. States have said that teachers will die and that’s just going to have to happen. And, if all that wasn’t bad enough, now we’re being forced to sign waivers that if we get sick or die we can’t sue the school district, if you don’t sign you lose your job."

From elsewhere:

"Outside of that reddit thread and teacher-centric websites, I haven’t seen any discussions on the health and safety of teachers and other school staff. And the comments in that thread are correct, in most places teachers actually don’t have any power, teachers unions are bullshit or not existent, and teachers can lose everything if they try to fight. I know my union was a union in name only, the reality of it was that teachers had to bend over and take it on all but the least important of issues.

"It’s why I left, and it’s why others are leaving in droves. I predict that any teacher who can afford to leave will be gone by the time schools are forced open. There won’t be anybody left to babysit/teach these kids if all the teachers have quit or died."

Lenona.
Terry del Fuego
2020-07-14 14:34:48 UTC
Post by l***@yahoo.com
"Can we talk about how catastrophic sending kids back to school in Fall
is going to be and how it will probably push America's body count into
the million range or over by Christmas?"
What we need to talk about is the impossible to escape fact that it's
intentional, conscious mass murder.

[Cue the apologists.]
Adam H. Kerman
2020-07-14 15:57:48 UTC
Post by Terry del Fuego
Post by l***@yahoo.com
"Can we talk about how catastrophic sending kids back to school in Fall
is going to be and how it will probably push America's body count into
the million range or over by Christmas?"
What we need to talk about is the impossible to escape fact that it's
intentional, conscious mass murder.
[Cue the apologists.]
So talk about it, and explain how refusing to shut down "essential
business" isn't intetional, conscious mass murder too. All those front
line workers and front line customers expose each other to communicable
disease.

And then talk about how the mass protests were intentional, conscious
mass murder. They weren't social distancing in any way and it is known
that they spread disease.

And then lets talk about the looting and vandalism and actual murders
that took place as an indirect unintended consequence of the imposed
recession.

And then lets talk about how, in early months, everyone who had elective
surgery (which means scheduled surgery, not optional surgery) were
denied their surgery. Meanwhile their underlying conditions got worse.
Many died or had worse outcomes.
Kenny McCormack
2020-07-14 16:16:56 UTC
Post by Terry del Fuego
Post by l***@yahoo.com
"Can we talk about how catastrophic sending kids back to school in Fall
is going to be and how it will probably push America's body count into
the million range or over by Christmas?"
What we need to talk about is the impossible to escape fact that it's
intentional, conscious mass murder.
How much different the world would be if we actually expended resources
hunting down and killing the real mass murderers (politicians) rather than
our obsessive fascination (*) with dealing with it only at the retail level.

(*) Fed by TV cop shows, where they expend enormous resources trying to
bring one poor slob to "justice".
--
Never, ever, ever forget that "Both sides do it" is strictly a Republican meme.

It is always the side that sucks that insists on saying "Well, you suck, too".