End of the Presley cult?
Add Reply
Bryan Styble
2020-01-09 05:00:11 UTC
Today is the first January 8th where someone or something hasn't alluded to Elvis and his stillborn identical twin being born 85 years ago today.

I couldn't be there in Tupelo for that event, nor did I witness his expiration c. 2 am on Tuesday, August 16, 1977...but I certainly did make it to Memphis on Thursday, August 18th for the funeral. (Good thing I was only five hours away in St. Louis when I got the news.)

2020-01-09 07:02:17 UTC
Post by Bryan Styble
Today is the first January 8th where someone or something hasn't alluded to Elvis and his stillborn identical twin being born 85 years ago today.
I couldn't be there in Tupelo for that event, nor did I witness his expiration c. 2 am on Tuesday, August 16, 1977...but I certainly did make it to Memphis on Thursday, August 18th for the funeral. (Good thing I was only five hours away in St. Louis when I got the news.)
BRYAN STYBLE/Florida
I saw something in the press about Lisa Marie barring her children
from attending for reasons relating to a divorce.

Jason
2020-01-09 10:20:21 UTC
Post by Bryan Styble
Today is the first January 8th where someone or something hasn't alluded to Elvis and his stillborn identical twin being born 85 years ago today.
I couldn't be there in Tupelo for that event, nor did I witness his expiration c. 2 am on Tuesday, August 16, 1977...but I certainly did make it to Memphis on Thursday, August 18th for the funeral. (Good thing I was only five hours away in St. Louis when I got the news.)
BRYAN STYBLE/Florida
Yeh, I was surprised at the dearth of Elvis mentions on TV, especially since this would have been a 'milestone' birthday #85.

Most years, there's been at least one channel offering back-to-back Elvis movies on Jan 8, plus several full-length films about his life and career. But this year, all I noticed was a 30 minute episode about Elvis on the show, "The Day the Rock Star Died" on the AXS channel. And little more than a few trivia questions on the news.
Terry del Fuego
2020-01-09 15:15:44 UTC
Did I do this correctly?

#!/usr/bin/python3

from datetime import date

ElvisBirth = date(1935, 1, 8)
ElvisDeath = date(1977, 8, 17)

ElvisDays = ElvisDeath - ElvisBirth
ElvisGone = ElvisDeath + ElvisDays

print ('Elvis lived', str(ElvisDays.days), 'days')
print ('Elvis will have been dead as long as he was alive as of', \
ElvisGone)

Elvis lived 15562 days
Elvis will have been dead as long as he was alive as of 2020-03-26