DEAD & DYING:Dreams of Wealth
2021-01-16 07:38:52 UTC
It's one of those rare times that MegaMillions and Powerball
are both rising to rare heights together.

Megamillions has just rolled over from a $750 million to an
$850 million annuity (forecast $628 million lump sum pretax
option)...Powerball is preparing for a draw for a $640 million
annuity.

They're not growing as fast as they used to but millions of
worthless tickets are still subsidizing tiny numbers of
valuable ones.

Lenona
2021-01-16 12:22:20 UTC
Fran Lebowitz once wrote: "I figure you have the same chance of winning the lottery whether you play or not."

(And, yet, she played.)

Personally, these days, even though I never play, I feel guilty just thinking about winning. Why? Because it would still be too late for me to rescue all the small businesses that have already shut down - and that's the only thing I really care about. (Well, that and bringing relief to hospitals, food pantries, and tenants and landlords.)

2021-01-16 16:52:54 UTC
Post by Lenona
Fran Lebowitz once wrote: "I figure you have the same chance of winning the lottery whether you play or not."
(And, yet, she played.)
Personally, these days, even though I never play, I feel guilty just thinking about winning. Why? Because it would still be too late for me to rescue all the small businesses that have already shut down - and that's the only thing I really care about. (Well, that and bringing relief to hospitals, food pantries, and tenants and landlords.)
Lenona.
I *ONLY* play when the jackpot hits an all-time record...losing at one
record level inoculates me against ever playing for that little again.

2021-01-20 05:59:48 UTC
Post by Louis Epstein
It's one of those rare times that MegaMillions and Powerball
are both rising to rare heights together.
Megamillions has just rolled over from a $750 million to an
$850 million annuity (forecast $628 million lump sum pretax
option)...Powerball is preparing for a draw for a $640 million
annuity.
Powerball rolled to $730M,
and Megamillions first advertised its roll as $850M,boosted
it to $865M,and it has now rolled over to $970M for Friday.
($716.3M pretax lump option).

The latest Mega draw had over $259M in ticket sales and
paid out about $38.4M in prizes to holders of a little over
5 million of the over 120 million tickets.
2021-01-21 06:18:21 UTC
Post by Louis Epstein
Post by Louis Epstein
It's one of those rare times that MegaMillions and Powerball
are both rising to rare heights together.
Megamillions has just rolled over from a $750 million to an
$850 million annuity (forecast $628 million lump sum pretax
option)...Powerball is preparing for a draw for a $640 million
annuity.
Powerball rolled to $730M,
Somebody in Maryland won,the final annuity value being $731.1M,
and about $47M was awarded in lesser prizes this draw,
but lots of dreams of winning a big one were paid for and died.
Post by Louis Epstein
and Megamillions first advertised its roll as $850M,boosted
it to $865M,and it has now rolled over to $970M for Friday.
($716.3M pretax lump option).
With only one giant option,this is sure to rise,and the
increased sales may mean a win.
2021-01-22 18:09:24 UTC
Post by Louis Epstein
Post by Louis Epstein
and Megamillions first advertised its roll as $850M,boosted
it to $865M,and it has now rolled over to $970M for Friday.
($716.3M pretax lump option).
With only one giant option,this is sure to rise,and the
increased sales may mean a win.
The annuity estimate for tonight's jackpot has indeed
been boosted to $1,000,000,000.
The lump option would be $739,600,000 pretax.