healthwatch: Stage IV Pancreatic Cancer
Add Reply
danny burstein
2019-03-06 22:40:19 UTC
Who is Alex Trebek?

[TMZ]

Alex Trebek has just been diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic cancer, but he will
attempt to finish out this season of "Jeopardy!" ... TMZ has learned.

Sources connected to Trebek tell us, the TV icon was just informed of the
diagnosis. He recorded a video message announcing the news.
======
rest, which includes a link to the video:
https://www.tmz.com/2019/03/06/alex-trebek-pancreatic-cancer-stage-four-jeopardy-retiring/

***@panix.com
Adam H. Kerman
2019-03-06 23:35:40 UTC
Post by danny burstein
Who is Alex Trebek?
[TMZ]
Alex Trebek has just been diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic cancer, but he
will attempt to finish out this season of "Jeopardy!" ... TMZ has learned.
Sources connected to Trebek tell us, the TV icon was just informed of the
diagnosis. He recorded a video message announcing the news.
======
https://www.tmz.com/2019/03/06/alex-trebek-pancreatic-cancer-stage-four-jeopardy-retiring/
Yeah, I just heard on the news. The purpose of the video was to let
people know he's in good spirits.

Pancreatic cancer is the nastiest cancer of all. There's little
survivability from a horrible operation that requires removing several
abdominal organs (because the pancreas is inconvenient to operate upon and
connects to other organs) and, typically, one is diagnosed in Stage IV,
with a couple of months to live.

I would buy a one-way ticket to anywhere in the world I thought would be
nice, and just stay there.

But Trebek is in good spirits? You've got to be kidding me.

I'm very sorry for him. This is absolutely horrible.
d***@gmail.com
2019-03-07 01:14:00 UTC
What is the survival rate of stage 4 pancreatic cancer?

The five-year survival rate for distant (stage IV) pancreatic cancer is 3 percent.

Distant disease has spread to other organs outside the pancreas, usually the liver or lung. ...

Learn more about stage IV pancreatic cancer, including