Howdy Doody Cast Members?
g***@yahoo.com
2020-03-21 23:19:15 UTC
After recently reading (both in print, and online) about the history
of the "Howdy Doody Show," I have been trying, without much success,
to learn who -- among its human cast -- may still be alive.
Robert Smith -- "Buffalo" Bob (and Howdy) -- deceased, 07/30/98
Bob Keeshan -- Clarabell the Clown (the original) -- still alive
Judy Tyler -- Princess Summerfall Winterspring -- deceased, 07/04/57
(Judy Tyler died in an auto accident -- not of natural causes.)
In addition, the IMDb indicates that Allen Swift, who performed
several live characters, and voiced many of the puppets in the
mid-1950s, continued to act in films and TV through the late 1990s.
Given the fairly extensive list of acting credits to his name, and the
absence of any reference to his passing, I would assume that he is
still with us, as well, but cannot be sure.
Dayton Allen -- Pierre the Chef (and many others, plus voices)
Bill LeCornec -- Chief Thunderthud (and voice of Dilly Dally)
Bob Nicholson -- Clarabell (the second), Corny Cobb, others
Lew Anderson -- Clarabell (the third, who finally spoke)
Gina Ginardi (?) -- Princess Gina Runningwater
Ted Brown -- Bison Bill (filled in for Buffalo Bob)
And I am sure I have missed some, as the "Howdy Doody Show" ran for
thirteen years, in one form or another -- over 3,000 episodes.
If all, or most, of these people are still living, it would seem to me
that the "Howdy Doody Show" should be added to the list of TV shows
whose cast members lived an unusually long time after ending their
run, since the show practically began when TV did, late in 1948,
Can anyone shed light on any of this???
-- Doug Peterson --
I actually appeared on the Howdy Doody Show, but for the life of me, I don't even remember Judy Tyler! What character did she play?
Big Mongo
2020-03-22 01:29:46 UTC