Super Bowl I-LII attendees club members remaining headed to Atlanta in February 2019?
Bryan Styble
2019-01-24 20:02:17 UTC
I don't recall seeing one of those terrific Visa--or whoever the sponsor was--ads about the three remaining attended-every-SB-from-the-Coliseum-on in the last few NFL seasons.

Anyone herein know if there are any still available to witness Patriots/Rams?

BRYAN STYBLE/Florida

PS: Oh, and a shout-out to Derek: Kindly keep them witty headlines--, e.g. "Sylvia Chase didn't make it to 2020"--comin'!
Michael OConnor
2019-01-25 00:09:52 UTC
I did a little digging with respect to the journalists and photographers who have covered each of the previous 52 Super Bowls. I found an article from Sports Illustrated from 2015 which details the four photographers and three sportswriters who have covered all of the games to that point:

https://www.si.com/nfl/2015/01/20/super-bowl-nfl-journalists-who-have-attended-every-game

https://www.si.com/nfl/2015/01/20/nfl-super-bowl-photographers-john-biever-walter-iooss-mickey-palmer-tony-tomsic

I looked into each of the seven remaining people to make sure none of them have died since then, and found that one of the seven, photographer Tony Tomsic had a stroke and missed one of the Super Bowls that occurred after the article was written to break the streak.

The six remaining are writers Jerry Green, Jerry Izenberg, Dave Klein, and photographers John Biever, Mickey Palmer and the legendary Walter Iooss.
e***@aol.com
2019-01-26 01:56:49 UTC
Post by Bryan Styble
I don't recall seeing one of those terrific Visa--or whoever the sponsor was--ads about the three remaining attended-every-SB-from-the-Coliseum-on in the last few NFL seasons.
Anyone herein know if there are any still available to witness Patriots/Rams?
Bryan, you are apparently asking about the guys who appeared in the VISA ad campaign in 2010. It featured 4 gentlemen who had attended each Super Bowl since 1967. Please note that they were NOT the only fans (or individuals) to attend all the Super Bowls, just a group of them chosen by VISA to be known collectively as the "Never Miss A Super Bowl Club". Since then, two of the original members have perished and others have been added to the official group.

The number of humans estimated to have seen every Super Bowl ranges from 16 (Denver Post) to 3 (PA Morning Call) to 16 (CNN - including 8 fans, 3 writers, 3 photographers, one groundskeeper and 1 team representative)

This article shows a picture of those CNN 16 in 2016:
https://www.cnn.com/2016/02/05/us/all-50-super-bowls-group/index.html

For specific info on the official NMASB club, see
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Never_Miss_a_Super_Bowl_Club
(after some deaths and juggling, the club now has 3 members plus an honorary member)