This page looks like crap now...
Don M
2020-08-22 04:40:17 UTC
Who’s idea was this new format? It looks like the old Deja News page I used to read on WebTV back in 1998
Louis Epstein
2020-08-22 04:49:06 UTC
Who?s idea was this new format? It looks like the old Deja News page I used to read on WebTV back in 1998
Whatever site you're reading this on has its own format,I suppose.
I'm reading this via tin newsreader (which I've used since 1994-95)
so I don't know what you're alluding to.

Dug
2020-08-22 05:30:33 UTC
i was able to change it back to the old way through Settings. I forget what I did exactly but I know it was through Settings.
t***@gmail.com
2020-08-22 12:53:59 UTC
Post by Don M
Who’s idea was this new format? It looks like the old Deja News page I used to read on WebTV back in 1998
You won't be able to keep it in "classic" mode for long. At the top of the page is this notice:

"The new Google Groups offers all your favorite features with a fresh look and will replace classic Groups soon."

I agree, the new format sucks.
Kenny McCormack
2020-08-22 14:40:36 UTC
Post by Don M
Whos idea was this new format? It looks like the old Deja News page I used
to read on WebTV back in 1998
You won't be able to keep it in "classic" mode for long. At the top of the page
"The new Google Groups offers all your favorite features with a fresh look and
will replace classic Groups soon."
I agree, the new format sucks.
BTW, although not directly related to the format change, it is true that GG
has, in the same time frame, switched to absolutely requiring a login
before you can read anything. This also SUCKS!
--
A racist, a Nazi, and a Klansman walk into a bar...

Bartender says, "What will it be, Mr. Trump?"
Louis Epstein
2020-08-22 20:59:11 UTC
Post by Kenny McCormack
Post by Don M
Whos idea was this new format? It looks like the old Deja News page I used
to read on WebTV back in 1998
You won't be able to keep it in "classic" mode for long. At the top of the page
"The new Google Groups offers all your favorite features with a fresh look and
will replace classic Groups soon."
I agree, the new format sucks.
BTW, although not directly related to the format change, it is true that GG
has, in the same time frame, switched to absolutely requiring a login
before you can read anything. This also SUCKS!
Indeed.
It is very important to me to NOT have a Google account...
and there is a group that I had been reading there that
took a lot of the traffic from an alt group to which they
later blocked access.

Larc
2020-08-22 13:24:29 UTC
On Fri, 21 Aug 2020 21:40:17 -0700 (PDT), Don M <***@yahoo.com> wrote:

| Who’s idea was this new format? It looks like the old Deja News page I used to read on WebTV back in 1998

It looks the same as always on my old Forté Agent 4.2 reader.

Larc