Doc Thompson, longtime Talk Radio Host
2019-02-06 16:39:05 UTC
More details to come, but his death was just announced by Glenn Beck.
Michael OConnor
2019-02-06 16:44:50 UTC
https://www.richmond.com/news/national-world/reports-former-wrva-radio-host-michael-doc-thompson-struck-killed/article_86c994ae-1b57-5f2f-8f9b-f0bafbffc763.html

Reports: Former WRVA radio host Michael 'Doc' Thompson struck, killed by train in Texas
From staff reports 39 min ago

Conservative radio host Michael "Doc" Thompson, who was the afternoon talk show host on WRVA in Richmond from 2007-2012, died Tuesday after he was hit by a passenger train while jogging in Texas.

The Twitter account for the Doc Thompson Show (@DocThompsonShow), which is on Mojo 5.0 radio, tweeted at 5:04 a.m. Wednesday about the host's death.

"Mojo 5.0 mourns the loss of a great friend and mentor, Michael "Doc" Thompson. Rest in peace, brother."

The account also shared a link to a GoFundMe page that is raising money for Thompson's wife and three children. Thompson was 49.

The Mojo 5.0 website, mojo50.com, has an image noting Thompson's passing.

Host of the WRVA morning show John Reid shared the sad news with listeners Wednesday morning.

"I used to listen to Doc when I was back in Richmond visiting my parents," Reid said. "Doc was one of the guys you listened to on WRVA. So sorry to hear this news."

Local media in the Dallas-Fort Worth area reported that a man was killed Tuesday afternoon after he was struck by an Amtrak train in Haltom City, Texas. The Dallas Morning News is reporting that witnesses and the train crew said the man was jogging and that a pair of airbuds was found at the scene.