Billy and Joe Smith, both 32, UK reality TV personalities -- joint suicide by hanging
2019-12-30 04:01:58 UTC
https://deadline.com/2019/12/british-tlc-show-my-big-fat-gypsy-wedding-stars-found-hanging-1202818287/

TV
Breaking News

British Stars From ‘My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding’ Found Dead, Hanging From Tree

By Bruce Haring
Bruce Haring

Twin brothers who starred in the British version of the TLC reality show My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding were discovered Saturday hanging from a tree in the Kent woodlands of the UK.

Bill and Joe Smith, age 32, were found dead near a farm, The Sun reported. The deaths are under investigation by police, although foul play is not suspected.

The Big Fat Gypsy Weddings series explored the lives and traditions of Irish Traveler and Romanichal families. In North America, the show airs on TLC and spawned a spin-off, My Big Fat American Gypsy Wedding.

Big Brother and My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding” star Paddy Doherty mourned the brothers’ death in a tribute on Facebook.

Twin brothers who starred in the British version of the TLC reality show My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding were discovered Saturday hanging from a tree in the Kent woodlands of the UK.

Bill and Joe Smith, age 32, were found dead near a farm, The Sun reported. The deaths are under investigation by police, although foul play is not suspected.

The Big Fat Gypsy Weddings series explored the lives and traditions of Irish Traveler and Romanichal families. In North America, the show airs on TLC and spawned a spin-off, My Big Fat American Gypsy Wedding.

Big Brother and My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding” star Paddy Doherty mourned the brothers’ death in a tribute on Facebook.

“RIP PLEASE PRAY FOR THESE TWO DEAR SOULS,” Doherty wrote. “God rest rest [sic] them in peace.”

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/twin-brothers-my-big-fat-gypsy-wedding-dead-england-reports

Departed

Published 5 hours ago

Twins who starred on 'My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding' found dead in UK, reports say
By Mariah Haas | Fox News

[Editor's note: This story discusses suicide. If you or someone you know is having thoughts of suicide, please contact the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-TALK (8255).]

Billy and Joe Smith, twins who appeared on the British reality series "My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding," have died, according to multiple reports. They were 32.

Per Us Weekly, citing investigators, the bodies of two men in their 30s were discovered around 11:30 a.m. Saturday in Dibden Lane, Sevenoaks, U.K.

A cause of death has yet to be announced, but police said, “the incident is not being treated as suspicious" and investigators were compiling a report for the coroner, People magazine reported.

vUs Weekly and TMZ reported their deaths were due to an apparent joint suicide.

Paddy Doherty, who won season 8 of "Celebrity Big Brother" and also starred on "My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding," paid tribute to the twins on Facebook.

Two good looking boys, God bless their souls," he said. "That’s a terrible, terrible tragedy... There’s always worse than yourself…Pray for the boys' family, the boys' mother and father, help them be strong and get through this."

Kristina Delaney, Billy Smith’s partner, also wrote a heartbreaking tribute. "Hardest day of my life," she wrote. "RIP my perfect bill you were so pure so lovely. You made me the happiest girl. Did everything for me showed me love i never had💔💔."

Family member Phoebe Charleen Smith told the U.K. outlet Mirror Online: "My cousins were loved all over the world, as you can see," in reference to the outpouring of social media tributes.

According to The Sun, the twins appeared in the third series of the show.
Big Mongo
2020-01-07 18:55:14 UTC
https://deadline.com/2019/12/british-tlc-show-my-big-fat-gypsy-wedding-stars-found-hanging-1202818287/
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-kent-51021384

My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding twins discovered 'after note found'

Twin brothers Billy and Joe Smith, from the Channel 4 reality TV show My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding, were found dead in a Kent country lane after a relative found a suicide note, an inquest heard.

The pair, who were both tree surgeons, were found next to each other in Dibden Lane near Sevenoaks on 28 December.

They had celebrated their 32nd birthdays about two weeks earlier.

No family members were present for the short, preliminary hearing, as an inquest opened in Maidstone.

Senior coroner Roger Hatch said: "I understand the circumstances to be that a call to police was made by a family member having discovered a suicide note."

Joe was a father-of-two and married to Charmaine Smith, while Billy was single, the hearing was told.

A full inquest is still to be held but no date has yet been set.

A Facebook memorial page, which now has more than 4,800 followers, said the brothers "came into this world together and went into the next together".

In a video tribute, Paddy Doherty, one of the biggest names on the reality show in 2014 and winner of Celebrity Big Brother, said the deaths were a "terrible tragedy".