Marilyn Agee??
2018-05-06 00:58:08 UTC
Has anyone heard anything about Marilyn Agee going on-topic?

I first learned of her through Chris Nelson's "Brief History of the
Apocalypse (http://abhota.info/ and itself not updated lately )
but her website (now http://prophecycorner.theforeverfamily.com/ )
has been around for some time...regularly updated with fresh
predictions of the impending and imminent end of the world on
dates that pass by without that happening and fresh dates being
quickly offered based on new calculations...until last year.
She was 88 last year according to her claim on the site as is.

The earliest entry in her "Pro & Con archives" says "I feel confident
the Rapture has to be before the Feast of Weeks in 2001" (though she
was open to its happening sooner),and the 1976th entry has her hoping
for the End to happen in 2017.

It's just not like her to not keep coming back with fresh imminent
end dates.

Any news?

2018-05-06 01:11:01 UTC
Who the fuck is Marilyn Agee? Some old Mormon?
Louis Epstein
2018-05-06 07:08:17 UTC
Post by c***@aol.com
Who the fuck is Marilyn Agee? Some old Mormon?
She's not a Mormon,
She's a Christian-of-some-sort Doomsday predictor,
the LDS (like the Seventh Day Adventists,who were founded
on the belief that the world woul end in 1843,no,1844,no,wait...)
stopped harping on imminent doomsday a long time ago,
just so long as you accept that their "restoration of
the gospel" is the last one ever.

Larc
2018-05-06 13:37:46 UTC
On Sun, 6 May 2018 07:08:17 +0000 (UTC), Louis Epstein <***@top.put.com> wrote:

| ***@aol.com wrote:
| > Who the fuck is Marilyn Agee? Some old Mormon?
|
| She's not a Mormon,
| She's a Christian-of-some-sort Doomsday predictor,
| the LDS (like the Seventh Day Adventists,who were founded
| on the belief that the world woul end in 1843,no,1844,no,wait...)
| stopped harping on imminent doomsday a long time ago,
| just so long as you accept that their "restoration of
| the gospel" is the last one ever.

I've always wondered how these prophets of doom feel about inevitably turning out to
be wrong. One would think failure after failure would give them an inkling they may
need to adjust their beliefs some.

Larc
MJ Emigh
2018-05-06 02:24:28 UTC
Nah, she's still hanging in there. She has the Pentecost (whatever that is) scheduled for the 20th of this month.
Louis Epstein
2018-05-06 07:09:06 UTC
Post by MJ Emigh
Post by Louis Epstein
Has anyone heard anything about Marilyn Agee going on-topic?
Nah, she's still hanging in there. She has the Pentecost (whatever that
is) scheduled for the 20th of this month.
Pentecost is an annual Christian holiday she counts on as the
occasion of Rapture or Tribulation,though it never is.

MJ Emigh
2018-05-07 02:02:10 UTC
Although I'm not following in the tradition, my family history is primarily Irish Catholic. It's comforting to have a guy named Epstein explain Christian tradition to me.
A Friend
2018-05-07 03:16:22 UTC
Post by MJ Emigh
Post by Louis Epstein
Pentecost is an annual Christian holiday she counts on as the
occasion of Rapture or Tribulation,though it never is.
Although I'm not following in the tradition, my family history is primarily
Irish Catholic. It's comforting to have a guy named Epstein explain Christian
tradition to me.
He did, however, usefully inform us that Agee long ago picked Pentecost
Sunday as her favorite doomsday. She now says that she is hoping for a
Pentecost 2018 rapture.

She also says that Heaven is the planet Saturn.

http://prophecycorner.theforeverfamily.com

BTW the date of birth I have on her is Dec 13 1928, which makes her 89.
I guess she'll be heading for Saturn real soon now.