Oscars In Memoriam left out
2018-03-05 14:02:58 UTC
Don’t say Adam West. He wasn’t a movie star.
Chuck Berry was included. Why?

Left out: Peggy Cummins, Nanette Fabray, Dorothy Malone, John Mahoney, Lewis Gilbert. At first glance.
J.D. Baldwin
2018-03-05 14:09:11 UTC
Don't say Adam West. He wasn't a movie star.
Like fun, he wasn't. "Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb!"

But, hey, comedy is so easy to do, that's why the Academy doesn't
respect it at all. It's not like they are professional filmmakers who
ought to know better, or anything.
Chuck Berry was included. Why?
Ugh.
Left out: Peggy Cummins, Nanette Fabray, Dorothy Malone, John Mahoney,
Lewis Gilbert. At first glance.
John Gavin. Glen Campbell -- no, not for his significant role in an
iconic classic, but the man *was* Oscar-nominated for songwriting.

Dorothy Malone -- an Oscar winner -- was perhaps the most inexcusable
omission ever. These people just have no class.
2018-03-05 15:35:31 UTC
John Gavin. He starred in at least 4 or 5 films that were Oscar nominated including Psycho.
That Derek
2018-03-05 16:05:26 UTC
Here's a YouTube link to "Oscars In Memoriam 2018"

I actually agree with cathyc. Yes, one can argue that newly deceased luminaries like Ms. Fabray and Messrs. Gilbert and Mahoney were latecomers & were hard to include -- but, come on!, they managed to place wherein another recent-ee, viz. Sridevi.
e***@gmail.com
2018-03-05 17:30:10 UTC
Even though they might be more well-known for their TV roles, Anne Jeffreys, John Hillerman, and Rose Marie had significant credits in movies.
c***@aol.com
2018-03-05 18:18:23 UTC
Anne Jeffreys was definitely a movie star.

All had more significance to film than Chuck Berry.
c***@gmail.com
2018-03-05 19:11:59 UTC
Including Chuck and Srivedi affected the percentage of non-old white male people that were included in the segment. Coincidence?
c***@aol.com
2018-03-05 20:17:41 UTC
I see practically every movie released in the USA. Have for 40 years. There were at least a dozen people in the In Memoriam that I never heard of.
Michael OConnor
2018-03-05 18:53:17 UTC
Howard Johnson is right!
Louis Epstein
2018-03-07 05:47:05 UTC
Don?t say Adam West. He wasn?t a movie star.
Chuck Berry was included. Why?
Left out: Peggy Cummins, Nanette Fabray, Dorothy Malone, John Mahoney, Lewis Gilbert. At first glance.
Has anyone yet posted a list of who they included?

I was channel-flicking and didn't see the In Memoriam segment,
though their pointed muting of the audience reaction with its
beautiful ebb and flow frankly makes it hard to watch.