Psychotherapist Steven Levenkron, 78? (Had connection to Karen Carpenter)
2019-10-11 00:38:36 UTC
A very unfortunate connection, as you'll see.

Weird thing is, I can't find any news of his death other than the Wikipedia entry.

Also known for the book/TV-movie "The Best Little Girl in the World" - about anorexia.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steven_Levenkron

2019-10-11 01:24:05 UTC
I had never heard of him before, but googled him, and found his daughter Gabrielle wrote a book called "How My Father Steven Levenkron Killed Karen Carpenter", which I'm sure endeared her to him.

I don't believe he was a character in the cult film "Superstar: The Karen Carpenter Story" by Todd Haynes, which documented the rise and fall of Karen Carpenter, and all the characters were portrayed by Barbie dolls. Certainly one of the most bizarre films ever made:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0094075/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1