Death of Mort Sahl
radioacti...@gmail.com
2021-10-27 00:19:03 UTC
He was the originator of a purloined joke I used to update in reference to Stanley Anne Dunham's son during the Obama Era--but the late great Sahl ORIGINALLY framed it around the man behind PUSH, the southside Chicago-based organization People United to Serve Humanity:

"I got a pal who's so liberal that he's never even noticed that Jesse Jackson is black!"

BRYAN STYBLE/Florida
radioacti...@gmail.com
2021-10-27 00:22:43 UTC
She in fact spelled her rather-quirky name Stanley Ann Dunham; sorry, as I shouldn't have relied on memory there.

STYBLE/Florida
Marc Catone
2021-10-27 01:26:31 UTC
Mort Sahl, one of the very first 1950s stand-up comics to specialize in
political satire, has died at age 94.
He's famous for his, how to put it politely, tone-deaf delivery and
ever-present rolled-up newspaper prop. He really could be very very
funny but his delivery was awful.
https://apnews.com/article/arts-and-entertainment-california-286b0aaa58ab3f43ea6c74a9843e20d6
I remember him well, especially in the early 60s...with his rolled up newspaper.