Remember the Alamo - 6 March 1836
2021-03-06 14:06:00 UTC
On this day 185 years ago, the Mexican army commanded by Generalissimo
Antonio Lopez de Santa Anna attacked a garrison of fewer than 200 Texian
defenders who had taken up a position inside a former Spanish mission in
San Antonio called the Alamo. The attack came at the end of a 13-day
siege, during which time the Texian commander, Lt. Colonel William Barrett
Travis, sent out multiple appeals for aid. All of the defenders were
killed, but Santa Anna lost up to a thousand men in the battle. News of
the defenders' bravery and valor spread, along with Travis's posthumous
appeals, inspiring men to come to the aid of the Texian cause.

Six weeks later, the Texian army led by General Sam Houston defeated
Santa Anna in a surprise attack at San Jacinto, near present-day
Houston. Their battle cry: "Remember the Alamo!"

Dead or Alive Data Base
http://www.doadb.com
radioacti...@gmail.com
2021-03-06 16:03:12 UTC
I thought we were supposed to instead "Remember the Maine!", way too much data to keep straight in my mind this millennium, Sir Carson!

BRYAN STYBLE/Florida
J.D. Baldwin
2021-03-08 19:50:51 UTC
Post by David Carson
Six weeks later, the Texian army led by General Sam Houston defeated
Santa Anna in a surprise attack at San Jacinto, near present-day
Houston. Their battle cry: "Remember the Alamo!"
Thanks for dropping in with the reminder.