Steve Bell, 83, 1970s ABC News anchor (Good Morning, America); academician
2019-01-26 23:47:47 UTC
https://www.10news.com/news/local-news/delaware-county/steve-bell-former-abc-news-anchor-and-ball-state-professor-dies-at-83

NewsNational

Steve Bell, former ABC News anchor and Ball State professor, dies at 83

Updated: 1 minutes ago

By: Andrew Smith

MUNCIE — Steve Bell, a former ABC News anchor and Ball State University professor, died Friday at age 83.

Bell worked for ABC News and was named an anchor for Good Morning America in 1975.

Bell joined Ball State in 1992 as the Edmund F. And Virginia B. Ball endowed chair of telecommunications and eventually was a telecommunications professor before he retired in 2007.

In January 2008, Bell was a recognized with an honor degree from Ball State.

“Steve Bell brought real-world knowledge about journalism to the classroom and our production facilities, sharing his keen storytelling skills with our students,” Ball State President Geoffrey Mearns said. “We are very proud that he was able to serve Ball State as an outstanding and committed member of our campus community."

During his career, Bell covered the Vietnam War, Watergate scandal, assassination of Sen. Robert Kennedy, reporting from Southeast Asia, and served as the Hong Kong bureau chief.

Arrangements have not been released at this time.
daniel anderson
2019-01-28 17:49:02 UTC
https://www.10news.com/news/local-news/delaware-county/steve-bell-former-abc-news-anchor-and-ball-state-professor-dies-at-83
NewsNational
Steve Bell, former ABC News anchor and Ball State professor, dies at 83
Updated: 1 minutes ago
[...]
It was Bell that was on the screen when the space shuttle Challenger exploded in 1986, before Peter Jennings came in...