Hans Conried, January 5, 1982
Matthew Kruk
2020-06-28 06:12:10 UTC
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hans_Conried
Kenny McCormack
2020-06-28 07:53:09 UTC
Post by Matthew Kruk
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hans_Conried
Best known as Wrong Way Feldman.
--
1/20/17: A great day for all those people who are sick of being told
they don't know how to spell "you're" (or "there").
RH Draney
2020-06-28 09:08:52 UTC
Post by Kenny McCormack
Post by Matthew Kruk
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hans_Conried
Best known as Wrong Way Feldman.
No, best known as Uncle Tonoose, Snidely Whiplash, Captain Hook, Dr
Terwilliker or Thimblerig....r
Kenny McCormack
2020-06-28 14:09:48 UTC
Post by RH Draney
Post by Kenny McCormack
Post by Matthew Kruk
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hans_Conried
Best known as Wrong Way Feldman.
No, best known as Uncle Tonoose, Snidely Whiplash, Captain Hook, Dr
Terwilliker or Thimblerig....r
I've heard of Snidely Whiplash; never heard of any of the others you mention.
--
First of all, I do not appreciate your playing stupid here at all.

- Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn -
l***@yahoo.com
2020-06-29 01:11:03 UTC
You have SO heard of Captain Hook. He did the voice for the 1953 Disney movie.

He was known for having perfect diction, as you might guess after watching the only live-action Dr. Seuss movie made while Seuss was alive - it was "The 5,000 Fingers of Dr. T" and it was about (in part) Dr. T's kidnapping of 500 boys to make them play a snaking, mile-long piano.

More in a sec...
l***@yahoo.com
2020-06-29 01:26:31 UTC
Lots of delightful details about Conried's character here (it says Conried was a friend of Seuss):

https://villains.fandom.com/wiki/Dr._Terwilliker

(the Dressing Song: Do-Me-Do Duds - audio only)

(trailer)

Too bad the Dungeon Ballet - with all sorts of not-quite-familiar musical instruments - is no longer online.

But chances are you can stream the movie.

2020-06-29 08:21:57 UTC
Post by l***@yahoo.com
https://villains.fandom.com/wiki/Dr._Terwilliker
http://youtu.be/cyXliCznGXk
(the Dressing Song: Do-Me-Do Duds - audio only)
Best part of the whole movie...and you really need to see him mincing
about as his valets "decorate him" to appreciate the absurdity of the
whole thing....
Post by l***@yahoo.com
http://youtu.be/dgpfMxYFSmE
(trailer)
Too bad the Dungeon Ballet - with all sorts of not-quite-familiar musical instruments - is no longer online.
But chances are you can stream the movie.
I mentioned Snidely Whiplash and even *that* was too obscure for
many...thank the flying spaghetti monster I didn't invoke Professor
Waldo Wigglesworth as well!...r
Terry del Fuego
2020-06-29 12:43:44 UTC
Percy Livermore.
Matthew Kruk
2020-06-29 13:26:49 UTC
Post by Terry del Fuego
Post by RH Draney
I mentioned Snidely Whiplash and even *that* was too obscure for
many...thank the flying spaghetti monster I didn't invoke Professor
Waldo Wigglesworth as well!...r
Percy Livermore.
Fractured Flickers. Produced by Jay Ward. Voices: Paul Frees (Boris Badenov),
June Foray (Chuck Jones: "June Foray is not the female Mel Blanc. Mel Blanc was
the male June Foray) and Bill Scott (Bullwinkle J. Moose).

Terry del Fuego
2020-06-29 12:42:52 UTC
I paid $5 for an excellent Blu-ray.
Adam H. Kerman
2020-06-28 18:31:22 UTC
Post by Kenny McCormack
Best known as Wrong Way Feldman.
Undoubtably Hans Conreid's career would have been ended via protest as
he was a supporting cast member on Life With Luigi on radio. He played
Schultz, a German immigrant in the English as a Second Language class
Luigi took that was a regular segment on the radio program. I never saw
a television episode but I see that Schultz is listed on two episodes
only at IMDb and was recast.

Life With Luigi was attacked as the 1950's buzzword for the way "racist"
condemns anything and everything today by ethnic Italian leaders in the
United States in an exercise of political clout. They got the star of
the show fired together with two other regular supporting cast members.
All three came from the radio cast.

Conreid probably lucked out that he wasn't part of the television version.

Someone Alan Reed (Pasquale) survived the onslaught of criticism from
the ethnic caveman community that hounded him later in his career.
That Derek
2020-06-28 16:28:41 UTC
Tol Avery? Arthur Batanides? Vincent Beck? Michael Conrad? Hans Conried? John Crawford? Melinda Fee? Fritz Feld? Robert Foulk? Marcel Hillaire? Ronald Long? Sheila Matthews (Allen)? Woodrow Parfrey? Leonard Stone?

What is this? The “Lost in Space” guest star stock company tour?

Where’s Stanley Adams, Michael Ansara, John Carradine, Ted Cassidy, Wally Cox, Royal Dano, Alan Hewitt, Henry Jones, Werner Klemperer, Al Lewis, Warren Oates, Arte Johnson, Strother Martin, Mercedes McCambridge, Gerald Mohr, Michael Rennie, Michael J. Pollard, Albert Salmi, Reta Shaw, Liam Sullivan, Torin Thatcher, Malachi Throne, Francine York?
Adam H. Kerman
2020-06-28 18:19:45 UTC
Matthew Kruk <***@home.com> wrote:

shilled URL snipped

Could you stop shilling for a Web page you aren't the author of? If you
have something to say USING YOUR VERY OWN WORDS, could you write that
and post to Usenet?
That Derek
2020-06-29 02:18:24 UTC
Post by l***@yahoo.com
He was known for having perfect diction,
Yes! And Hans Conried also portrayed an elocution teacher once hired by Lucy Ricardo on "I Love Lucy."

"I tippy-tippy-toe through my garden
Where all the pretty flowers dwell;
There's a rare perfume in my garden,
And I just love to stand there and smell."
Matthew Kruk
2020-07-05 07:32:49 UTC
Worth a watch - a young Hans Conried:

Blondie's Blessed Event: