Allene Roberts (Cochran), 90, actress (Kmock on Any Door; '50s Dragnet; Advs/Superman)
2019-05-11 03:24:13 UTC
https://www.laughlinservice.com/obituaries/Allene-Roberts-Cochran?obId=4395269#/obituaryInfo

Allene Roberts Cochran
September 1, 1928 - May 9, 2019

Obituary

Allene Roberts Cochran, 90, passed from this life into the arms of her Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, on Thursday. Allene was a resident of Huntsville for nearly 55 years and was a member of Whitesburg Baptist Church for 35 years.

She enjoyed a brief, but satisfying career in Hollywood as an actress in the late 1940s and early 1950’s in several movies and TV series. She took pride in her career, but moreso in her career as a loving wife and mother.

A strong and dedicated Christian, Allene loved her Lord, her family and her church deeply, and she raised her four children to do the same. She was preceded in death by her beloved husband of 34 years, Ralph Graham Cochran.

Survivors include son, John Cochran (Kaye); daughters, Leslie Criss (Mike), Julie Cochran (Charles), and Laurie McGuffey (Bill); grandchildren, Amanda Utley (Brian), Kay Moore (Jacob), Scott Moody (Taylor), Johnny Cochran (Jessica), Allison McGuffey, Will McGuffey (Danna), Lauren McGuffey and McKenna Cochran; and great-grandchildren, Connor Moore, Carden Moore, Chase Utley, Carson Utley and Campbell Utley.

Visitation will be from 1 to 2 p.m. Monday, May 13 at Laughlin Service Funeral Home, with the funeral immediately following in the chapel. Burial will be in Maple Hill Cemetery.

In lieu of flowers, please consider a memorial donation to the Alzheimer’s Association or Whitesburg Baptist Church.
To send flowers to the family of Allene Roberts Cochran, please visit Tribute Store.
A Friend
2019-05-11 11:17:08 UTC
Allene Roberts Cochran, 90, passed from this life into the arms of her Lord
and Savior, Jesus Christ, on Thursday. Allene was a resident of Huntsville
for nearly 55 years and was a member of Whitesburg Baptist Church for 35
years.
She enjoyed a brief, but satisfying career in Hollywood as an actress in the
late 1940s and early 1950’s in several movies and TV series.
She did three episodes of the George Reeves SUPERMAN series, each as a
different character. Among her films was KID MONK BARONI, co-starring
Jack Larson, with some guy named Leonard Nimoy in the title role.
Bryan Styble
2019-05-12 09:11:58 UTC
"A Friend" proffered:

She did three episodes of "The Adventures of Superman", each as a different character.

I knew she played the mute girl in the (sadly) Coates-less "The Haunted Lighthouse", but do you have any idea which the later two were?

(I'm confident they were subsequent episodes without knowing specifically which because that nautical narrative has the distinction of being the first one shot, rather than the "Superman on Earth" origin, if one doesn't count "The Unknown People"--and one SHOULDN'T count those two, for that was merely a bifurcated edit of a low-budget Larson-less theatrical release shot over a year earlier.)

Thanks in advance, as well as for the referral to the Larson film role. (I'd thank you for the Nimoy one too, but I may be the only English-speaking white guy over 40 who has yet to watch any Trek episode start-to-finish.)

2019-05-12 11:33:30 UTC
Post by Bryan Styble
She did three episodes of "The Adventures of Superman", each as a different character.
I knew she played the mute girl in the (sadly) Coates-less "The Haunted
Lighthouse", but do you have any idea which the later two were?
Allene played Maria Moleska, the refugee daughter of the Eastern Bloc
scientist in "The Monkey Mystery," and Nancy Quinn, Sterling "Uncle
Oscar" Holloway's niece in "The Whistling Bird."
Post by Bryan Styble
I'm confident they were subsequent episodes
They weren't. "The Haunted Lighthouse" was season 1 episode 2, "The
Monkey Mystery" was season 1 episode 5, and "The Whistling Bird" was
season 2 episode 25.