Eminent Elizabethans II:7th Marquess of Aberdeen and Temair 1955-2020
2020-03-17 05:37:23 UTC
For decades now I have noted some persons on their passing
as "Eminent Elizabethans II"...achieving notability in the
realms of,during lives entirely within the reign of,Queen
Elizabeth II.My most recent such notation was of the late
Duke of Roxburghe (1954-2019),following Sir Charles Farr.

Alexander George Gordon,7th Marquess of Aberdeen and Temair,
born March 31st 1955,died March 12th 2020 according to a
death announcement in the Daily Telegraph.

He had been one of seven hereditary peers whose birthday
fell on March 31st,his son born May 4th 1983 now succeeds
as one of only two born on May 4th.

His title,created in 1916 for a former Governor-General of
Canada and Lieutenant of Ireland who was 7th Earl of Aberdeen,
has passed repeatedly between brothers in the past,the new
peer is the 8th Marquess but the Marquessate of Zetland,
created decades before,is still on its 4th holder and the
marquessates of Bath and Salisbury,created in 1789,are still
on their 7th.
At the Queen's accession the title was still held by the
2nd Marquess,who was born in 1879 (elder brother of the
grandfather of the lately deceased peer,who was for some
years a land surveyor).

Big Mongo
2020-03-19 01:47:16 UTC
Post by Louis Epstein
Alexander George Gordon,7th Marquess of Aberdeen and Temair,
born March 31st 1955,died March 12th 2020 according to a
death announcement in the Daily Telegraph.
Was he the father of Lady Anna Gordon? I can't find any evidence of the wedding ever occurring.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4077570/SEBASTIAN-SHAKESPEARE-Lady-Anna-Gordon-works-Prince-Charles-set-aristocrat-gay-wedding.html
Louis Epstein
2020-03-23 17:53:06 UTC
Post by Big Mongo
Post by Louis Epstein
Alexander George Gordon,7th Marquess of Aberdeen and Temair,
born March 31st 1955,died March 12th 2020 according to a
death announcement in the Daily Telegraph.
Was he the father of Lady Anna Gordon?
He was.
Post by Big Mongo
I can't find any evidence of the wedding ever occurring.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4077570/SEBASTIAN-SHAKESPEARE-Lady-Anna-Gordon-works-Prince-Charles-set-aristocrat-gay-wedding.html
According to Debrett's Peerage 2019,as cited by thepeerage.com,
it did.(Sad).