Carnegie Hall upcoming season D.O.A.
Add Reply
radioacti...@gmail.com
2021-02-20 13:21:08 UTC
The legendary Manhattan concert venue has cancelled its season for the first time in 130 years, a casualty, of course, of the Kung flu hysteria.

Site of a gazillion important musical moments--including Dylan's two landmark performances [late afternoon and evening, second show released by Columbia Records in 1970] in simply SOARING vocal fashion in tribute to the late Woodrow Wilson Guthrie on Saturday, January 20, 1968--the venerable building ALSO serves as the crux of what could be the most ancient showbiz joke still being told:

"'Pardon me, Maestro, but how do I get to Carnegie Hall?"
"PRACTICE, my son, PRACTICE."

2021-02-20 21:19:49 UTC
Post by ***@gmail.com
The legendary Manhattan concert venue has cancelled its season for the first
time in 130 years, a casualty, of course, of the Kung flu hysteria.
Death toll in U.S. AOTP: 509,150. I guess they're just all a bunch of
hysterics.
Louis Epstein
2021-04-14 04:59:00 UTC
Post by A Friend
Post by ***@gmail.com
The legendary Manhattan concert venue has cancelled its season for the first
time in 130 years, a casualty, of course, of the Kung flu hysteria.
Death toll in U.S. AOTP: 509,150. I guess they're just all a bunch of
hysterics.
If they didn't close for the 1918 flu which was proportionately
much worse,why close now?

2021-04-14 12:59:22 UTC
.>> If they didn't close for the 1918 flu which was proportionately
much worse,why close now?

Perhaps because back then the USA was not the litigious society as it is tpday.