George Herbert Walker Bush, 93, POTUS # 41
2018-12-01 04:54:32 UTC
Developing. Only CNN is reporting it
m***@gmail.com
2018-12-01 05:02:28 UTC
Developing. Only CNN is reporting it
Never a fan, but at least he was a real president.
Alfalfa Bill
2018-12-05 17:53:14 UTC
This extended period of mourning makes me wish that we elect only observant Jews as president.
t***@iwvisp.com
2018-12-05 18:25:27 UTC
That would out him/her in the ground more quickly but the circumstances of the Pomp would probably be just as long!
Larc
2018-12-05 20:05:41 UTC
On Wed, 5 Dec 2018 09:53:14 -0800 (PST), Alfalfa Bill <***@aol.com> wrote:

| On Friday, November 30, 2018 at 11:02:30 PM UTC-6, ***@gmail.com wrote:
| > On Friday, November 30, 2018 at 11:54:34 PM UTC-5, That Derek wrote:
| > > Developing. Only CNN is reporting it
| >
| > Never a fan, but at least he was a real president.
|

| This extended period of mourning makes me wish that we elect only observant Jews as president.

You'll be seeing this whenever Presidents and ex-Presidents die for as long as you
live, so steel yourself for it.

Larc

Louis Epstein
2018-12-01 06:20:29 UTC
Developing. Only CNN is reporting it
It was the top of Google News with the NY Times obit their lead story
when I became aware of it.By then the Wikipedes had it with a link to
the Washington Post obit.

RHDraney
2018-12-01 08:16:03 UTC
Developing. Only CNN is reporting it
ObOldJoke, updated: "OMG! That means QUAYLE is President!"...r
Kenny McCormack
2018-12-01 08:25:52 UTC
Post by RHDraney
Post by That Derek
Developing. Only CNN is reporting it
ObOldJoke, updated: "OMG! That means QUAYLE is President!"...r
At this point, Quayle would be an improvement.

And *THAT* is saying something.
--
The difference between communism and capitalism?
In capitalism, man exploits man. In communism, it's the other way around.

- Daniel Bell, The End of Ideology (1960) -
RHDraney
At this point, a cracked ashtray would be an improvement....r
m***@gmail.com
Quayle is genius compared to the head of the Trump Crime Family.
Kenny McCormack
2018-12-01 19:47:52 UTC
In article <6d1eb4e4-3763-4b11-8bf4-***@googlegroups.com>,
<***@gmail.com> wrote:
Post by m***@gmail.com
Quayle is genius compared to the head of the Trump Crime Family.
In all seriousness, GWB is beginning to look like a genius.

The Pubbie party would do well to re-align itself behind GWB, and abandon
the current mistake.

I actually think the govenment ought to figure out a way to buy out his
contract - like they often do with sports stars and movie celebs who become
public embarrassments. Given that we know he's only in it for the money,
it seems like if they just dangled a billion or two dollars in front of
him, he'd go out peacefully.

Oh, and agree to forget about his tax returns...
--
There are many self-professed Christians who seem to think that because
they believe in Jesus' sacrifice they can reject Jesus' teachings about
Jesus' teachings by voting for Republicans.
Louis Epstein
2018-12-04 05:41:37 UTC
Post by Kenny McCormack
Post by m***@gmail.com
Quayle is genius compared to the head of the Trump Crime Family.
In all seriousness, GWB is beginning to look like a genius.
The Pubbie party would do well to re-align itself behind GWB, and abandon
the current mistake.
I actually think the govenment ought to figure out a way to buy out his
contract - like they often do with sports stars and movie celebs who become
public embarrassments. Given that we know he's only in it for the money,
it seems like if they just dangled a billion or two dollars in front of
him, he'd go out peacefully.
Oh, and agree to forget about his tax returns...
Let the Space Force find him an asteroid,carve TRUMP on the side in huge
gold letters,and subsidize his emigration.

Travoltron
2018-12-01 12:52:33 UTC
He was our last Greatest Generation president and I respect that. I
didn't respect any of the baby boomer clowns that followed him. And I
think my generation will probably be even worse when they get political
power.
m***@gmail.com
Despite the claims of the "Greatest Generation", they had no problems sending their kids to a hell hole called Vietnam.
Sanford Manley
2018-12-01 19:15:51 UTC
Post by m***@gmail.com
Post by Travoltron
He was our last Greatest Generation president and I respect that. I
didn't respect any of the baby boomer clowns that followed him. And I
think my generation will probably be even worse when they get political
power.
Despite the claims of the "Greatest Generation", they had no problems sending their kids to a hell hole called Vietnam.
To be fair, they were sent to Guadalcanal, Iwo Jima, Normandy, and other
hell holes themselves.
m***@gmail.com
You missed my point, but that's OK.
Adam H. Kerman
2018-12-02 01:24:26 UTC
Post by Sanford Manley
Post by m***@gmail.com
Post by Travoltron
He was our last Greatest Generation president and I respect that. I
didn't respect any of the baby boomer clowns that followed him. And I
think my generation will probably be even worse when they get political
power.
Despite the claims of the "Greatest Generation", they had no problems sending their kids to a hell hole called Vietnam.
To be fair, they were sent to Guadalcanal, Iwo Jima, Normandy, and other
hell holes themselves.
There's no logic in your rebuttal.

Similarly, the generation that fought WWI had no qualms about throwing
the next generation to the slaughter in WWII.
David Carson
2018-12-01 13:57:03 UTC
Developing. Only CNN is reporting it
He was 94.