Semi-OT: The "real" Romeo & Juliet?
2020-01-13 20:29:06 UTC
I'd heard that the different versions of the story were based on a true story, MANY years before Shakespeare.

Well...

http://www.stagebeauty.net/th-frames.html?http&&&www.stagebeauty.net/th-romeo.html
(this one claims the original story could have come from Spain, in the 13th century)

https://www.google.com/search?q=1303+romeo+juliet&rlz=1CAFIXM_enUS884&oq=1303+romeo+juliet&aqs=chrome..69i57j0.5238j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
(many more articles, based on a 1303 date)

Lenona.
Adam H. Kerman
2020-01-13 21:10:23 UTC
Post by l***@yahoo.com
I'd heard that the different versions of the story were based on a true
story, MANY years before Shakespeare.
Well...
http://www.stagebeauty.net/th-frames.html?http&&&www.stagebeauty.net/th-romeo.html
(this one claims the original story could have come from Spain, in the 13th century)
Huh? There's no mention of Pyramus and Thisbe? That's what's typically
credited as the usual source material.