Ted Jordan, actor, died last April
d***@comcast.net
2006-01-21 02:37:47 UTC
Actor Ted Jordan died last April at 80, but apparently it was never
posted here.(His obit can be found at Legacy.Com, but you have to pay
for it) He was married to Lily St. Cyr & dated Marilyn Monroe. His
book, "Norma Jean & Marilyn", was made into a HBO movie with Ashley
Judd & Mira Sorvino.
He was a regular on "Gunsmoke" for 9 years, so it's hard to see how his
death could've flown so far beneath the radar!

Here's a link to his Imdb page-

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0430201/
James Neibaur
2006-01-21 04:05:33 UTC
Post by d***@comcast.net
Actor Ted Jordan died last April at 80, but apparently it was never
posted here.(His obit can be found at Legacy.Com, but you have to pay
for it) He was married to Lily St. Cyr & dated Marilyn Monroe. His
book, "Norma Jean & Marilyn", was made into a HBO movie with Ashley
Judd & Mira Sorvino.
He was a regular on "Gunsmoke" for 9 years, so it's hard to see how his
death could've flown so far beneath the rada
I remember reading about that. I am surprised it was not posted here. I
would have done it had I known.

JN
Bianca
2006-01-21 04:25:46 UTC
Post by James Neibaur
Post by d***@comcast.net
Actor Ted Jordan died last April at 80, but apparently it was never
posted here.(His obit can be found at Legacy.Com, but you have to pay
for it) He was married to Lily St. Cyr & dated Marilyn Monroe. His
book, "Norma Jean & Marilyn", was made into a HBO movie with Ashley
Judd & Mira Sorvino.
He was a regular on "Gunsmoke" for 9 years, so it's hard to see how his
death could've flown so far beneath the rada
I remember reading about that. I am surprised it was not posted here. I
would have done it had I known.
JN
Same here. He shows up in "Gunsmoke" as Nathan Burke (usually referred
to as "Burke") who runs the freight office. A friend of mine was doing
some research on "Gunsmoke" awhile back, and described Ted Jordan as a
strange duck (words to that effect) who seemed to be very bitter about
his time on "Gunsmoke."
I don't know...a steady acting job for 9 years. Not too bad.
I haven't seen his death mentioned on "Gunsmoke" boards either.
Hyfler/Rosner
There are Gunsmoke boards? Wow.
m***@hotmail.com
They aren't well known...Festus runs it...need I say more?
MWB
2006-01-22 00:58:42 UTC
Post by m***@hotmail.com
Post by Hyfler/Rosner
Post by Bianca
I don't know...a steady acting job for 9 years. Not too
bad.
I haven't seen his death mentioned on "Gunsmoke" boards
either.
There are Gunsmoke boards? Wow.
They aren't well known...Festus runs it...need I say more?
They also have a cantankerous Doc.

Mark
rusty@einsiders.com
2006-01-21 04:46:22 UTC
Post by Hyfler/Rosner
Post by Bianca
I don't know...a steady acting job for 9 years. Not too
bad.
I haven't seen his death mentioned on "Gunsmoke" boards
either.
There are Gunsmoke boards? Wow.
I was first asked about the rumor of Mr. Jordon's passing by a lady
from a Gunsmoke Group called the Delphi Group. She sent me a picture of
Mr. Jordan. When I find out the exact date of his death, I'll post it
on EInsiders. I found his obit on Legacy.com, but haven't had the
gumption to pay for the archived obit yet. Long story short, there are
Gunsmoke Boards and groups and newsletters.
d***@yahoo.com
2019-07-16 00:42:12 UTC
Ted was
A great actor working with joe don baker in walking tall

BeAStooge
2006-01-21 04:43:42 UTC
His death was reported last year, in THE ANDY GRIFFITH SHOW circles.

Jordan was 'Gerald Whitfield' in "The Return of Barney Fife," Don
Knotts' first episode after leaving the series as a regular.
'Whitfield' was the man who married 'Thelma Lou' (Betty Lynn).
David Carson
2006-01-21 04:55:18 UTC
Post by d***@comcast.net
Actor Ted Jordan died last April at 80, but apparently it was never
posted here.(His obit can be found at Legacy.Com, but you have to pay
for it) He was married to Lily St. Cyr & dated Marilyn Monroe. His
book, "Norma Jean & Marilyn", was made into a HBO movie with Ashley
Judd & Mira Sorvino.
His book of memoirs about his relationship with Marilyn Monroe is regarded
as total fiction by all of Marilyn's biographers. There is no evidence,
outside of his own claims, that he ever had more than a brief encounter
with her in a crowd, if even that.

Why do you seek the living among the dead? -- Luke 24:5
Who's Alive and Who's Dead
http://www.whosaliveandwhosdead.com
b***@msn.com

Hyfler/Rosner
2006-01-21 16:14:29 UTC
Post by b***@msn.com
What was the exact date of death in April and where did he
die?
Best I can do:

Lancaster [Ohio] Eagle Gazette

April 7, 2005

Ted Jordan, 80, died. He is formerly known as Eddie
Friedman, television and movie star and author of the book
"Norma Jean", which was made into a movie starring Ashley
Judd, appeared in many T.V. programs as well as the
character "Burke" on the television show Gunsmoke. He is
survived by brother, Dr. Ben Friedman of California. He is
preceded in death by parents, Edgar and Ruth Friedman, both
formerly of Lancaster and Los Angeles, Calif.; and uncle,
Ted Lewis. Services will be at 9:30 a.m. Thursday at St.
Joseph Cemetery Chapel, 6440 S. High St., Entombment, St.
Joseph Cemetery Mausoleum. Arrangements by the
Maeder-Quint-Tiberi Funeral Home, 614-444-1185.
rusty@einsiders.com
2006-01-21 22:11:36 UTC
Here's my EInsiders obit. I've got a grainy picture I'll be posting
with it, and there is supposed to be another picture on the way.

TED JORDAN Died Mar. 30, 2005

Actor and author Ted Jordan died 80. Mr. Jordan was also credited in
several films as Eddie Friedman. He was the nephew of Big Band leader
and songwriter Ted Lewis. Mr. Jordan played Nathan Burke for nine years
on the hit TV series "Gunsmoke." He appeared in nearly 100 films
and TV shows from the 1940s through 1980. He had bit parts in such
films as Otto Preminger's Noir thriller "Whirlpool," "Tokyo
Joe" and "Kill the Umpire." Mr. Jordan was briefly married to
stripper Lili St. Cyr. He authored the controversial book "Norma
Jean." In the book he made such unsubstantiated claims as being
Marilyn Monroe's lover, of having impregnated Ms. Monroe and she
aborted the child and that Ms. Monroe had lesbian sex with his wife
Lili St. Cyr. Most historians dismissed the book as hogwash. Some
people claim that his book was the basis for the HBO movie "Norma
Jean & Marilyn," however, his name doesn't appear anywhere on the
film. In researching this obit and the claims of Mr. Jordan, I was not
surprised that about the only group that gave Mr. Jordan's account
any credence was a White Supremacist website called the Racial
Nationalist Library. That particular website uses Mr. Jordan's book
to show the Jewish Hollywood Cabal seduced gentile women like Ms.
Monroe to mix the races and thus dominate the world!