Marshall Brodien, 84, (TV Magic Cards); clown/magician Wizzo (The Bozo Show)
2019-03-08 16:52:02 UTC
https://www.thewrap.com/marshall-brodien-wizzo-wizard-bozo-show-dies-at-84/

Marshall Brodien, Who Played Wizzo the Wizard on ‘The Bozo Show,’ Dies at 84

The Emmy winning performer was a fixture in Chicago TV

Thom Geier | March 8, 2019 @ 5:36 AM
Last Updated: March 8, 2019 @ 6:07 AM

Marshall Brodien, the Emmy-winning performer who played Wizzo the Wizard on Chicago’s “The Bozo Show,” has died, his former TV station WGN reported Friday. He was 84.

He had been battling Alzheimer’s disease since a diagnosis in 2007.

Brodien became a fixture on Chicago-area children’s TV for his work on “The Bozo Show,” which aired for more than 40 years until ending its long run in 2001.

Wizzo became popular on the show for the catchphrase “Doody, doody, do.”

In addition to an Emmy Award, Brodien also received the Chicago TV Academy’s Silver Circle Hall of Fame.

According to WGN, he is survived by his wife, Mary, six children and stepchildren, and 14 grand and great-grandchildren.
Michael OConnor
2019-03-08 17:38:59 UTC

I had a set of those when I was a kid.
David Carson
2019-03-08 23:11:40 UTC
On Fri, 8 Mar 2019 09:38:59 -0800 (PST), Michael OConnor
Post by Michael OConnor
http://youtu.be/ihN1JLsrVe8
I had a set of those when I was a kid.
So, did they live up to the ad, or were they a disappointment, like my
defrosting tray?
Michael OConnor
2019-03-09 00:42:23 UTC
I think I bought those and a second set of his magic cards (I think they were called TV Mystery Cards), and in one of them, every other card was blank on the face side, which you could use to make them look like the card faces disappeared. They worked pretty well as I remember. Much better than the Pasta Express, in my opinion of As Sold on TV products go.
MJ Emigh
2019-03-08 23:55:59 UTC
Marshall Brodien, Dies at 84
He was a very sweet guy. This news has been expected for quite a while, but it's still quite sad.