Health watch: Trump back in the Whitehouse but still sick. WTF?
Meteorite Debris
2020-10-06 01:11:47 UTC
Reportedly Trump has returned to the Whitehouse to project an image of
strength but he having trouble breathing. Optics are more important than
his own health and he is also putting other people like the Secret
Service and staff in the Whitehouse at risk. He almost certainly ignored
the advice of doctors at Walther Reid.

Terry del Fuego
2020-10-06 18:46:26 UTC
On Tue, 6 Oct 2020 11:41:47 +1030, Meteorite Debris
Post by Meteorite Debris
Reportedly Trump has returned to the Whitehouse to project an image of
strength but he having trouble breathing. Optics are more important than
his own health and he is also putting other people like the Secret
Service and staff in the Whitehouse at risk.
I didn't think it was humanly possible to hate him more than I already
did.

When he was first diagnosed I genuinely and sincerely wanted him to
live, largely because I want to gloat over what I hope will be his
election loss and subsequent arrest, partly because we've had enough
disruption, insanity and hits to security without adding a dead
"president" to the chaos. What I didn't realize at the time was that
he'd made a point of spreading it to others and would continue to make
a point of doing so.

My desires have subsequently changed.
J.D. Baldwin
2020-10-06 21:20:59 UTC
Post by Meteorite Debris
Reportedly Trump has returned to the Whitehouse to project an image
of strength but he having trouble breathing. Optics are more
important than his own health and he is also putting other people
like the Secret Service and staff in the Whitehouse at risk. He
almost certainly ignored the advice of doctors at Walther Reid.
COVID patients are discharged from the hospital every day despite some
continued respiratory distress. I have personally (in my night-job
capacity as an ambulance driver) taken half a dozen such patients from
the hospital to their homes. I'm 100% sure political considerations
were part of this decision, as were security, the patient's personal
preference, consensus of the team of physicians, etc. There is no
good reason to think he "ignored" medical advice.

And as for that phrase itself, I often listen to my doctor's opinion
about something, take it into account, then do something else anyway.
(e.g., I decline to take statins.) That doesn't mean I "ignored" my
doctor. It means I heard him out and disagreed. Big deal. Doctors
aren't God On The Throne. Frankly, a large number of them aren't even
that goddamned bright.
Meteorite Debris
2020-10-07 20:05:18 UTC
On Tue, 6 Oct 2020 21:20:59 +0000 (UTC) that great scribe J.D. Baldwin
Post by J.D. Baldwin
Post by Meteorite Debris
[...]
If you saw the video he Trump is having trouble breathing. Plus Trump is
on a cocktail of drugs which call for in hospital supervision. The
steroid has a side effect of mania. Whith the president's finger on the
nuclear button what could possibly go wrong? His own son has said there
should be an intervention with his father but his siblings are too
worried about losing their ATM. As soon as he got to the door of the
Whitehouse he took off his mask. WTF with hundreds of staff inside. If
doctors concurred that Trump should be released from Walter Reid
Hospital then they are malpracticing as medical doctors and acting as
spin doctors.
Terry del Fuego
2020-10-08 13:26:00 UTC
On Thu, 8 Oct 2020 06:35:18 +1030, Meteorite Debris
As soon as he got to the door of the Whitehouse he took
off his mask. WTF with hundreds of staff inside.
Oh, come on. It's not like he's already Patient Zero in a huge
outbreak!

What?

Oh.

Never mind.