Beckett Cypher, 21, son of Melissa Etheridge; biological son of David Crosby
2020-05-14 00:36:38 UTC
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/beckett-cypher-dead-melissa-etheridge-s-son-was-21-1294534

MUSIC

Beckett Cypher, Melissa Etheridge’s Son, Dies at 21

3:42 PM PDT 5/13/2020
by Sharareh Drury

"We’re sad to inform you that Melissa’s son Beckett passed away," read a message posted to the singer's social media on Wednesday.

Beckett Cypher, Melissa Etheridge’s son with her former partner Julie Cypher, has died. He was 21.

A post Wednesday on the singer-songwriter and activist's Twitter account shared the news: "We’re sad to inform you that Melissa’s son Beckett passed away and there will not be a Concerts From Home show today. – #TeamME."

Etheridge and Cypher had two children together — a daughter, Bailey, and son, Beckett. Cypher became pregnant with the children via artificial insemination, and the biological father was later revealed to be singer-songwriter David Crosby.

At the time of publication, a cause of death has not been revealed.

The Hollywood Reporter has reached out for comment.

More to come...
Louis Epstein
2020-05-14 03:01:52 UTC
[...]
"after struggle with opioid addiction",later stories say;
apparently an overdose.
Post by That Derek
The Hollywood Reporter has reached out for comment.
Odd that there's so much publicity about the Etheridge connection
and her getting condolences,and not much attention paid to the
young man's mother(who split with Etheridge before he turned two)
or stepfather.

2020-05-14 03:27:00 UTC

Thank you for bringing this up as I was also thinking about this angle. It got to the point where I was asking myself "am I the only one?"
Louis Epstein
2020-05-15 00:50:43 UTC
Post by Louis Epstein
not much attention paid to the
young man's mother(who split with Etheridge before he turned two) or stepfather.
Thank you for bringing this up as I was also thinking about this angle. It got to the point where I was asking myself "am I the only one?"
It's almost as if Julie were being treated as a...cipher,