Detective Jim Leavelle, 99, Dallas PD; guy in white hat. Ruby/oswald photo
2019-08-30 01:53:23 UTC
https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Dallas-Detective-Cuffed-to-Oswald-Dies-at-99-558752581.html

Dallas Detective Cuffed to Oswald Dies at 99

By Matt Jackson

Published 23 minutes ago | Updated 2 minutes ago

The Dallas Police Department Detective Jim Leavelle, who was handcuffed to Lee Harvey Oswald when Oswald was shot by Jack Ruby, has died at the age of 99.

Several sources close to the family have confirmed that Leavelle died while on a trip to Colorado this morning.

Leavelle was honored by Dallas Police back in 2013 for his work.

The department's Detective of the Year Award now carries Leavelle's name.
Michael OConnor
2019-08-30 02:05:04 UTC
He was the last surviving member of the Oswald band:

https://www.northernsun.com/Oswald-Band-Poster-%284179%29.html
Dave Garrett
2019-08-31 20:18:44 UTC
Post by Michael OConnor
https://www.northernsun.com/Oswald-Band-Poster-%284179%29.html
I knew I could count on seeing this show up somewhere in the thread as
soon as I saw the subject line.
Dave
That Derek
2019-08-30 02:42:44 UTC
Are you on the Leavelle?
That Derek
2019-08-30 02:57:56 UTC
Are you on the Leavelle?
Sorry, The pun duzn't work. The link below pronounces his name as "luh-VEL" and not like the word "level." Said story also sez Leavelle's hat was a "beige" Stetson (circa 03:46), not a white one as stated in the header.

https://www.cbs19.tv/article/news/james-leavelle-iconic-photo-oswald-ruby-shooting-dies/501-7ac9ef10-5d2d-4ee6-8089-4a8531f68228
David Carson
2019-08-30 18:01:39 UTC
On Thu, 29 Aug 2019 18:53:23 -0700 (PDT), That Derek
Post by That Derek
https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Dallas-Detective-Cuffed-to-Oswald-Dies-at-99-558752581.html
Dallas Detective Cuffed to Oswald Dies at 99
By Matt Jackson
Published 23 minutes ago | Updated 2 minutes ago
The Dallas Police Department Detective Jim Leavelle, who was handcuffed to Lee Harvey Oswald when Oswald was shot by Jack Ruby, has died at the age of 99.
He always looked to me like he was near retirement age when Oswald was
killed. He was only 43.