OT Ja'net DuBois turns either 73 or 80 this month
2018-08-02 02:48:01 UTC
She played Willona Woods on "Good Times." I've been using 5 August 1938 as
her DOB for a long time. Some sources have 5 August 1945. I don't see how
1945 can be right. Wikipedia says "DuBois began modeling in the late
1950`s and appeared as a `Jet Beauty` for Jet magazine in 1960."

This is her photo in the 24 March 1960 issue of Jet (SFW)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/vieilles_annonces/9053374556

Next, if she was born in 1938, she was 36 to 41, while on "Good Times,"
making her a year older than John Amos and a year younger than Johnny
Brown. If she was born in 1945, she was 29 to 34, four years older than
Jimmy Walker. Once again, I don't see how 1945 could be right.

Then there's an article that appeared in the 26 October 1987 issue of
"Jet" states that her 36-year-old son died. That means he was born in 1950
or 1951, which is pushing it even if she was born in 1938.

Jet's announcement of Raj Gupta's death:
https://books.google.com/books?id=ya8DAAAAMBAJ&pg=PA61&dq=Ja%27Net+DuBois&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwitoKauqcnUAhWm2YMKHZwnDhsQ6AEISDAI#v=onepage&q=Ja'Net%20DuBois&f=false

Even so, a slim majority of reference cites use the 1945 DOB, as do most
articles. For example, an article published last year refers to her as 72.
It mentions Raj Gupta and even links to the Jet death annoucement, but
minimizes it with "some reports suggest..."

I am willing to discount the Raj Gupta death announcement, but even
without it, everything lines up to her being born in 1938 and turning 80
this month.

I'm just throwing this out there to see if there's an angle I hadn't
thought of.

Dead or Alive Data Base
http://www.doadb.com
That Derek
2018-08-02 05:01:02 UTC
No matter what her age is, it's "Movin' On Up."
Tim J.
2018-08-04 01:16:08 UTC
Wrong show. :-)
Travoltron
2018-08-04 01:34:32 UTC
She wrote and sang the theme song for The Jeffersons.
David Carson
2018-08-04 12:24:12 UTC
Post by That Derek
No matter what her age is, it's "Movin' On Up."
Wrong show. :-)
She wrote and sang the theme song for The Jeffersons.
When she was 11.
--
Dead or Alive Data Base
http://www.doadb.com