BOND GIRL & 'THAT '70S SHOW' STAR TANYA ROBERTS DEAD AT 65
Add Reply
Big Mongo
2021-01-04 04:49:52 UTC
https://www.tmz.com/2021/01/03/tanya-roberts-dead-dies-sheena-that-70s-show-bond-girl/

BOND GIRL & 'THAT '70S SHOW' STAR TANYA ROBERTS DEAD AT 65

Tanya Roberts -- a one-time Bond girl and cult classic '80s star -- has died ... TMZ has learned.

Tanya's rep tells TMZ, she was on a walk with her dogs on Christmas Eve and when she returned home she collapsed. She was taken to the hospital and put on a ventilator but never got better. We're told it was NOT COVID-related. Tanya died today.

In the days leading up to her collapse, we're told Tanya appeared perfectly healthy ... even doing video chats for her fans.

Tanya was a go-to model and actress in her heyday -- so much so, she even appeared as one of the Bond girls, Stacey Sutton, in "A View to a Kill," opposite Roger Moore.

She also starred in campy adventure fantasy flicks like "Sheena" and "The Beastmaster," plus a bunch of raunchy comedies, slashers movies and action/erotica B-films like "Sins of Desire," "Legal Tender," "Deep Down," "Inner Sanctum," "Night Eyes," "Almost Pregnant," "Favorite Deadly Sins" and "Tourist Trap," plus several others. All in all, she has 41 acting credits to her name dating back to '70s.

Speaking of that era, she might best remembered as Donna Pinciotti's mom, Midge, on "That '70s Show" -- who was always getting ogled by the boys in the neighborhood. Tanya was portrayed as a dumb blonde, who eventually left her TV family and the show entirely to deal with her hubby's real-life illness.

Tanya also had a year-long stint on the old "Charlie's Angels" show, in which she played Julie Rogers ... a side character who helped the Angels solve crimes. She also helped launch the TV series 'Mike Hammer' after starring as a secretary in the made-for-TV movie, but declined a part in the show that followed.

Of course, Tanya was also a successful model. She'd posed for Playboy, as well as for a ton of TV commercials. She did ads for Excedrin, Ultra Brite, Clairol and Cool Ray sunglasses.

She was married to Barry Roberts for several years before his death in 2006. They didn't have any children. Tanya is survived by her current husband, Lance, and her sister Barbara Chase.

She was 65.

RIP
Travoltron
2021-01-04 23:11:32 UTC
So TMZ changed their story to say that she's alive.

https://www.tmz.com/2021/01/04/tanya-roberts-still-alive-rep-saying-shes-dead-70s-show-bond-girl/
A Friend
2021-01-04 23:52:43 UTC
Post by Travoltron
So TMZ changed their story to say that she's alive.
https://www.tmz.com/2021/01/04/tanya-roberts-still-alive-rep-saying-shes-dea
d-
70s-show-bond-girl/
Coming soon: Schrödinger's Angel! Only on Fox!
BTW it appears that Tanya's a much better actress than everyone thought.
Bermuda999
Her acting always appeared lifeless to me
Topic Cop
I was gonna rub one out in her honor but maybe I will swing by Cedars-Sinai instead.
Dug
2021-01-05 05:12:43 UTC
I think it was a trick to lure the other Angels to the vacant warehouse on Hwy 9.
RH Draney
2021-01-05 06:47:48 UTC
Post by Bermuda999
Post by A Friend
Post by Travoltron
So TMZ changed their story to say that she's alive.
https://www.tmz.com/2021/01/04/tanya-roberts-still-alive-rep-saying-shes-dea
d-
70s-show-bond-girl/
Coming soon: Schrödinger's Angel! Only on Fox!
BTW it appears that Tanya's a much better actress than everyone thought.
Her acting always appeared lifeless to me
Liked her in Sheena....

I can't recall who it was, but a guest on the Johnny Carson "Tonight
Show" once said that the dumbest actress he'd ever worked with was one
of Charlie's Angels, and while he didn't give the name he implied that
it wasn't one of the original three...I have my own theory on the
identity of the dimwit in question....r
Travoltron
2021-01-05 15:49:01 UTC
Dead again according to TMZ.

https://www.tmz.com/2021/01/05/tanya-roberts-dead-dies-65-bond-girl-70s-show-premature-announcement/
Bermuda999
2021-01-05 19:15:00 UTC
Post by Travoltron
Dead again according to TMZ.
https://www.tmz.com/2021/01/05/tanya-roberts-dead-dies-65-bond-girl-70s-show-premature-announcement/
She only lived twice.

But never say never again.
Lenona
2021-01-05 21:12:19 UTC
You beat me to it.

When was the last time something like THAT happened? (As opposed to death hoaxes committed by troublemakers with no connection to the celebs.)