Visionary Poet of the Millennium
s***@gmail.com
2019-07-19 11:10:32 UTC
Visionary Poet of the Millennium
An Indian poet Prophet
Seshendra Sharma
October 20th, 1927 - May 30th, 2007
http://seshendrasharma.weebly.com/
Facebook id : https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100018157218265
Seshendra Sharma is one of the most outstanding minds of modern Asia. He is the foremost of the Telugu poets today who has turned poetry to the gigantic strides of human history and embellished literature with the thrills and triumphs of the 20th century. A revolutionary poet who spurned the pedestrian and pedantic poetry equally, a brilliant critic and a scholar of Sanskrit, this versatile poet has breathed a new vision of modernity to his vernacular. Such minds place Telugu on the world map of intellectualism. Readers conversant with names like Paul Valery, Gauguin, and Dag Hammarskjold will have to add the name of Seshendra Sharma the writer from India to that dynasty of intellectuals.

Rivers and poets
Are veins and arteries
Of a country.
Rivers flow like poems
For animals, for birds
And for human beings-
The dreams that rivers dream
Bear fruit in the fields
The dreams that poets dream
Bear fruit in the people-
* * * * * *
The sunshine of my thought fell on the word
And its long shadow fell upon the century
Sun was playing with the early morning flowers
Time was frightened at the sight of the martyr-
- Seshendra Sharma
B.A: Andhra Christian College: Guntur: A.P: India
B.L: Madras University: Madras
Deputy Municipal Commissioner (37 Years)
Dept of Municipal Administration, Government of Andhra Pradesh
Parents: G.Subrahmanyam (Father) , Ammayamma (Mother)
Siblings: Anasuya,Devasena (Sisters),Rajasekharam(Younger brother)
Wife: Mrs.Janaki Sharma
Children: Vasundhara , Revathi (Daughters),
Vanamaali , Saatyaki (Sons)

Seshendra Sharma better known as Seshendra is a colossus of Modern Indian poetry.
His literature is a unique blend of the best of poetry and poetics.
Diversity and depth of his literary interests and his works
are perhaps hitherto unknown in Indian literature.
From poetry to poetics, from Mantra Sastra to Marxist Politics his writings bear an unnerving pprint of his rare genius.
His scholar ship and command over Sanskrit , English and Telugu Languages has facilitated his emergence as a towering personality of comparative literature in the 20th century world literature.
T.S.Eliot , Archbald Macleish and Seshendra Sharma are trinity of world poetry and Poetics.
His sense of dedication to the genre of art he chooses to express himself and
the determination to reach the depths of subject he undertakes to explore
place him in the galaxy of world poets / world intellectuals.
Seshendra’s eBooks : http://kinige.com/author/Gunturu+Seshendra+Sharma
Seshendra Sharma’s Writings Copyright © Saatyaki S/o Seshendra Sharma
Contact : ***@gmail.com+919441070985+917702964402
Bryan Styble
2019-07-20 03:47:35 UTC
Of the millennium?!?

Uh, unless it's THIS millennium, it's hard to believe this subcontinental guy
eclipses Shakespeare and T.S. Eliot, not to mention the Brownings and Yeats and all the rest...

[Kindly note that this Dylanologist of nearly a half-century's standing has long argued that declaring the most influential recording artist ever a "poet" is a SERIOUS misnomer, on the simple principle that this songwriter's lyrics do not stand up when recited melody-free.]

BRYAN STYBLE/Florida
Bryan Styble
2019-07-20 04:02:45 UTC
Yikes! I just noticed that this [non Elizabeth-Warren-relative] Indian poet died in 2007--so why did the poster wait until 2019 to preposterously claim he was The Poet of the Millennium?

STYBLE/Florida
Saatyaki S/o Seshendra Sharma
2019-07-20 04:54:00 UTC
Post by Bryan Styble
Yikes! I just noticed that this [non Elizabeth-Warren-relative] Indian poet died in 2007--so why did the poster wait until 2019 to preposterously claim he was The Poet of the Millennium?
STYBLE/Florida
Dear Mr .Bryan Styble ! Greetings
Sir I am Late Seshendra Sharma's Son . this is my post purely to introduce him to
the Global fraternity . there could be major poets in different parts of this world.
Internet has made this earth a global village. Let us take positive advantage of this new situation
and develop fraternity of Global poets. by naming him a visionary poet of the millennium no away belittling
the Eliot , browning , Shakespeare and several others. Please read his poetry in the URL furnished there in or you may please just drop the matter.
Yours Sincerely
With Kind Regards and seasons greetngs
Bryan Styble
2019-07-20 05:40:51 UTC
Thanks for your prompt, thoughtful and considerate reply to my skeptical posting.

Most important, I'm sorry you lost your father, even if it was twelve years ago; while my mother's 2013 death didn't affect me much due to my mostly tortured relationship with her, her devoted husband and my beloved father died at age 64--my own current age--on Wednesday, February 19, 1986* and I STILL haven't completely comes to grips with his demise--so I greatly respect you for still carrying your father's torch more than a decade later.

And to do so by spreading the word about his work--which I was totally unfamiliar with, admittedly--is a vastly greater tribute than the usual my-dad-was-amazing text most folks post, if they publicize it at all.

So yes, I shall certainly at least sample of his poetry and appreciate your turning me onto his body of work. But two caveats: as I indicated earlier in the thread, I prefer lines, rhymed or not, to be laid over a tune. And I can't imagine that the English translations of his work from what I presume is one of the various Hindi dialects would convey much of his imagery intact.

That said, thanks again for your response, and keep spreading the word about your father. Oh, and what "seasons" are your greetings commemorating?

STYBLE/Florida
* As it happened, that Wednesday was also the day retired Mississippi senator James Eastland died...a politician much mentioned in the media a few weeks ago in reference to ex-Veep Biden's years in the Senate finding common ground with onetime segregationists, prompting one of Chuck Todd's guests on Meet the Press a couple Sundays ago to opine, "So who thinks about James Eastland anymore?" Well, the answer to that question, aside from Eastland's family and onetime constituents, is ME. And OFTEN!
Saatyaki S/o Seshendra Sharma
2019-07-20 06:02:35 UTC
Post by Bryan Styble
[...]
am rather touched by your reply.
One Major Clarification : He wrote in Telugu and He himself translated them into English .
season's greetings in other words to my mind , any season is a hearty one here in India
It is rainy season.
Regards
RH Draney
2019-07-20 08:00:54 UTC
Post by Saatyaki S/o Seshendra Sharma
season's greetings in other words to my mind , any season is a hearty one here in India
It is rainy season.
Some people like the springtime as their favorite season because birds
and flowers and butterflies are in great abundance...others like the
winter as their favorite season because that's when Christmas is
observed....

My favorite season: cilantro....r
Will Dockery
2019-07-24 07:13:05 UTC
[...]