Semi-OT: Parents who refuse even to...
Add Reply
Lenona
2021-05-01 16:41:04 UTC
...get their kids TESTED for COVID.

https://apnews.com/article/lifestyle-coronavirus-health-b014cb29e934a3263b545b9718642b3b

First third:

OVERLAND PARK, Kan. (AP) — Doctors are reporting that more parents are refusing to have their sick children tested for the coronavirus because they don’t want to deal with the hassle if the result is positive.

Pediatric Partners in the Kansas City suburb of Overland Park recently posted an alert on its Facebook page exhorting parents to stay vigilant because so many weren’t following testing advice, The Kansas City Star reports.

“We’ve had parents tell us, for instance, ‘No we have a big tournament this weekend, I don’t want to have to deal with COVID,’” said Pediatrician Kristen Stuppy. “And they’re forgetting the fact that it’s still going to be COVID even if you don’t know that it’s COVID. So from a public health perspective it scares me.”

The American Academy of Pediatrics recommends that children and teens who have COVID-19 symptoms should be tested immediately — “especially important if they have in-person in school, sports or jobs, so that anyone who may have been exposed can be alerted,” the organization says. If they have COVID-19, they need to isolate for at least 10 days...

(snip)
Dave P.
2021-05-01 18:33:13 UTC
Post by Lenona
...get their kids TESTED for COVID.
https://apnews.com/article/lifestyle-coronavirus-health-b014cb29e934a3263b545b9718642b3b
(snip)
Yellowstone Says They May Soon Let Buffalo Stop Wearing Masks
https://babylonbee.com/news/yellowstone-says-they-may-soon-let-buffalo-stop-wearing-masks

Cuomo Regretting Killing All Those Elderly After Losing House Seat
https://babylonbee.com/news/cuomo-regretting-killing-all-those-elderly-after-losing-house-seat

CDC Now Recommends Wearing A Seat Belt Even When
You’re Outside The Car
https://babylonbee.com/news/car-manufacturers-now-recommend-wearing-a-seatbelt-even-when-youre-outside-the-car

Biden Wears Mask On Zoom Call In Case COVID Has
Mutated Into A Computer Virus
https://babylonbee.com/news/biden-wears-mask-on-zoom-call-in-case-covid-has-become-a-computer-virus