Margot Welch, 85?, actress - died Nov. 2019
2020-03-15 15:30:29 UTC
I am giving her age as approximately 85 because of this blog entry -
http://allanellenberger.com/miriam-hopkins-life-and-films-of-a-hollywood-rebel/
- which says that she was 23 in 1957 when she co-starred in a production of "The Old Maid" alongside her aunt, the movie star Miriam Hopkins.
Margot was the daughter of Miriam's older sister Ruby Hopkins Welch.

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0919609/

https://obituaries.nydailynews.com/obituaries/nydailynews/obituary.aspx?n=margot-m-welch&pid=195664851
Margot Middleton Welch, formerly of Forest Hills, Queens, NY, passed away November 28, 2019. Margot was born in NYC and graduated from Fordham University majoring in theater and English; she attended Sarah Lawrence Graduate School, the American Academy of Dramatic Arts, and the NYU Screenwriting Program. Margot debuted in theater as a child in the last Broadway touring of "Diary of Anne Frank" with Francis Lederer in 1958. Margot toured extensively in stock and repertory theater throughout the United States, England and Canada; and played parts in TV and films, such as the operator in "What About Bob" in 1991. Margot was a descendant of Arthur Middleton, a signer of the Declaration of Independence. Margot is buried in her family plot in Bainbridge, GA, next to her mother, Ruby Hopkins Welch.

Published in the Daily News on Mar. 15, 2020
That Derek
2020-03-15 15:42:17 UTC
November 2019?

Damn, she's missed all the 2019 necrologies and "In Memoriam" reels.
Post by Diner
a descendant of Arthur Middleton, a signer of the Declaration of Independence.
To me, this is more interesting than her having portrayed a telephone operator in "What About Bob?"

IS there a society/club for D-of-I descendants? Has anybody ever gotten them all together a la those gatherings of escendants of Thomas Jefferson and Sally Hemings?