"Sarco" suicide pod gets a client
Add Reply
bryan_styble
2024-09-24 18:44:26 UTC
This Sarco self-deliverance contraption sure looks pretty comfy, and
presumably beats expiring in an ICU after years--or decades--of failing
health. WHATEVER your stance on this uber-contentious issue, ya gotta
admit that this latter-day Kevorkian has a cool sense of
industrial/engineering style!

BUT:
I must call this Swiss suicide doc on his ripping off the late Jack
Kevorkian's "Dr. Death" nickname! I am admittedly rather biased here,
as: (1) I took the considerable trouble to attend Kevorkian's fourth
(and final) trial in suburban Detroit; and (2) two or three times* I
actually (and only half-jokingly) nominated Geoffrey Fieger's** most
famous client**** for the Nobel Prize in Medicine.

BRYAN STYBLE/Florida
-----------------------
* On the "Open Lines for Open Minds with Bryan Styble" program over
WJR/Detroit at 760 kHz.
** For a while I also was (undeservedly) credited as "producer"--just a
call screener, actually--of Fieger's irregularly-scheduled WJR
broadcast; I wonder if his guitar-playing kid brother Doug Fieger***
[late frontman of The Knack] was a nicer guy than I know surviving
attorney Fieger to be.
*** Died from complications of brain cancer at 57 in the San Fernando
Valley on Valentine's Day 2010, a Sunday.
**** Inventor Kevorkian didn't merely inovate his
repeatedly-used-by-"patients" three-tube Suicide Machine--he ALSO
invented something which, for whatever reason, never caught on:
circular playing cards!
https://www.ladbible.com/news/world-news/sarco-suicide-pod-switzerland-476185-20240924
bryan_styble
2024-09-24 21:31:06 UTC
More background on the Sarco story out of Switzerland, from those yahoo
editors at Yahoo! Central.

BRYAN STYBLE/Florida
https://www.yahoo.com/news/multiple-arrests-us-woman-uses-142334242.html