Jim Kiick, perfect-season Miami Dolphin standout, 73
Add Reply
Bryan Styble
2020-06-21 04:44:21 UTC
He expired of Alz's on Summer Solstice Saturday, down in Wilton Manors, Florida, the uh, er...fabulous Ft. Lauderdale (or Miami, really) suburb.

Perhaps the most memorable--or memorably-spelled, at least--fan's sign ever, at The Orange Bowl in 1972:

"We'll CZONK 'em and KIICK 'em!"

(Obsessively polite person that I try to be*, I decline to detail their Sports Illustrated cover photo controversuy.)

* And which my current** fave writer (AND philosopher) Miss Manners invariably IS.
** Now that we're, ever so sadly, in the post-Christopher Hitchens era.
d***@gmail.com
2020-06-21 06:18:33 UTC
James Forrest Kiick (/kɪk/; August 9, 1946 – June 20, 2020) was an American professional football player who was a running back. He played for the Miami Dolphins in the American Football League (AFL) from 1968 to 1969 and in the National Football League (NFL) from 1970 through 1977, except for 1975 when he played in the World Football League.
That Derek
2020-06-21 18:18:53 UTC
Ain't that a kiick in the head?