ANAGRAM of George Hosato Takei:
Add Reply
Dave P.
2020-09-30 18:23:15 UTC
ANAGRAM of George Hosato Takei:
"Ah, so! I go get a re-toke!"
radioacti...@gmail.com
2020-10-01 02:16:29 UTC
That's amusing!

But did you conjure it on your own...or employ one of those anagram-generating programs like humorist Dave Barry often uses?

BRYAN STYBLE/Florida
radioacti...@gmail.com
2020-10-01 02:19:07 UTC
Oh, and thank Zeus that Sir Takes is still kicking, if not so much acting anymore.

STYBLE/Florida
radioacti...@gmail.com
2020-10-01 02:20:51 UTC
And presumably (as I'm sure we all hope), still in enjoying good health!

STYBLE/Florida
radioacti...@gmail.com
2020-10-01 02:24:48 UTC
Yikes!

My aging eyes didn't catch the Sir Takes typo; sorry, Sulu, wherever you are these days!

(And I gotta get in the habit of using the "zoom in" feature on my computer, so's I don't seem so illiterate!)

STYBLE/Florida
RH Draney
2020-10-01 07:10:15 UTC
Oh my!...r
Dave P.
2020-10-01 07:10:49 UTC
Post by ***@gmail.com
That's amusing!
But did you conjure it on your own...or employ one of those
anagram-generating programs like humorist Dave Barry often uses?
BRYAN STYBLE/Florida
The computer generators never produce good ones
like that, with slang or abbreviations or alternate
spellings or proper names, etc.

These are all mine, too, made without assistance:
ANAGRAMS of Ruth Bader Ginsburg:
"Grinders at Grubhub"
"Drug ring bust --> Rehab"

ANAGRAM of Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez:
"Taxes are crazi and coolio!"

ANAGRAM of Amy Coney Barrett:
"Terry ate my bacon!"
radioacti...@gmail.com
2020-10-01 10:25:39 UTC
Thanks for the response, Dave; you clearly have a knack for these, so you really oughta figure out a way to monetize that in-born gift!

As for me, I can barely read words in their properly-spelt sequences. so I almost always strike out on the frequent Jeopardy! anagram categories, which for some reason have been proliferating on the quiz show since about 2000.

Incidentally, I intended to ask then-J! show-runner Gary Johnson about why they so upped the frequency of anagram categories--which, after all, aren't knowledge-oriented clues for the most part, as are the rest of the As&Qs--when Johnson guested on KIRO's "Radioactive Seattle w/ Bryan Styble" broadcast back in 2007, but I got sidetracked during the hour and never got around to probing that.

And no, that loudmouth host Styble did NOT consume that entire KIRO broadcast hour boo-hoo-ing to Johnson about my late 1984 J! defeat [aired 1985, but still THANKFULLY somehow UNarchived by the Jeop! folks, at least last time I checked, so MOST of the world thinks I was never on it].

Though I DID try the patience of the "Radioactive Seattle'" overnight listeners (KIRO in those days had an ionosphere-bouncing signal that [at least scratchily] reached southern Alaska, Northern California and east to the Dakotas) that morning by describing to them how the first of the two Daily Doubles I happened upon back in 12/1984 was revealed, with my having absolutely NO IDEA what future film star semi-regular on "The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis" Trebek was describing...so I placed the old Styble thinkin' cap on, thought back to about age 8 and 1962...and correctly somehow came up with Wilton Armitage being played by Warren Beatty!

(Never MIND that my second DD hit near the end of the Doub J! round, in Holidays & Observances was my Waterloo...and my own fault, as I glanced over the give-away, closing part of the clue ("...based on the Greek word for 50" should have tipped me off right there!), but no, the Stybster instead WASTED his DD-extra-seconds-to-answer time pondering the other, FIRST part of the clue ("A holiday common to both the Jewish and Christian calendars..."), come up with a lame response and thus lost my hefty bet (whatever amount I wagered; can't recall figure), leaving me with just a few thou, which I then in turn ALSO lost in Final, on a clue all three of us missed.)

But I admit--proudly!--that I DID complain during that KIRO broadcast to Johnson about his (and the other producers') bad decision to eliminate their Seniors Tournament. For you see, that one used to be the ONLY of the several annual J! tourneys which us J! losers could ever reappear on (and only after age 50). (Well, maybe "Rock & Roll Jeopardy!" too I suppose, but as applies also to that embarrassing "Sports Jeopardy!" with the EVER-cloying and -smug Dan Patrick, I just don't do illegitimate quiz shows, and neither J! spinoff was EVER legit in my book.)1

And it WASN'T like Johnson was unsympathetic to yours truly; when I first called him up to try to cajole him into doing my little late-night KIRO radio program, Johnson immediately remembered me. But NOT from my ill-fated turn behind the Jeopardy! middle lectern* in 1984, which was many years before Johnson joined the J! crew anyway. Rather, J! show-runner Johnson in 2007 recalled me from 1991, from ANOTHER quiz show he and I were on, this time with Johnson on-camera, in the robed role of The Judge, an on-screen (but unnamed!) cohort to host Dick Clark on the syndicated quiz "The Challengers", where I was five-appearance champ. Labelled on set simply as "The Judge", Johnson would ostensibly be there to decide any iffy calls for Clark (just as the off-camera "judges" producer group does so on J!), but in fact was seemed to be part of the five-show/week syndicated quiz show mostly to give Clark someone other than us contestants to banter with, as well as to provide (supposedly) interesting background on some of the correct answers to Clark's mostly easy questions. (I was invited to compete in that season's Tournement of Champions, but then I had another round of typically Styble luck, as Clark's production company folded the Challengers tent the following season, before I had a chance to mow down my fellow champs as mercilessly as I did during that regular-contestants week in late May 1991.). By the way, the brilliantly-clever Stanley Newman--whose terrific crossword puzzles I've been doing for years in Long Island's Newsday--was a fellow five-appearance champ on The Challengers...and had I happened to come up against him during that never-staged Champs tournament, I've little doubt he would have mowed ME down. For his confounding "Saturday Stumpers" puzzles sure flummox me every weekend!

Johnson, by the way, I found to be a very nice fellow--both backstage between "Challengers" tapings there at the KTLA studios on Sunset Blvd. in Hollywood, and then again in 2007 when I approached him via phone from Seattle out of the blue to do my radio broadcast--but nonetheless expressed little concern about J! so freezing me out from ever avenging my J! loss.

But of course I was flattered that Johnson immediately remembered me from some 15 years prior, so it wasn't like he was a reluctant Styble show guest or anything. Still he didn't care ONE WHIT that the elimination of their Seniors tourney shut me out forever from another go-around with Trebek & Co. Nor did Johnson respond, "Hey, great idea!--I'll mention it to Alex..." when I proposed on-air that they emulate another classic game show The Dating Game, by staging a week of "Second-Chance" editions of J!, giving losers like Styble a chance to redeem ourselves.

That's showbiz, Folks!

BRYAN STYBLE/Florida
____________________________
* They are LECTERNS rather than PODIA; look up the term podium if you doubt this, and you'll see that ALL podia have one semantic element in common that's LACKING on the J! set--a podium must be STEPPED UP upon, else it's a lectern!
Terry del Fuego
2020-10-01 13:10:09 UTC
On Thu, 1 Oct 2020 00:10:49 -0700 (PDT), "Dave P."
Post by Dave P.
"Terry ate my bacon!"
Spiro Agnew = Grow a penis
Dave Garrett
2020-10-02 00:36:31 UTC
Post by Terry del Fuego
On Thu, 1 Oct 2020 00:10:49 -0700 (PDT), "Dave P."
Post by Dave P.
"Terry ate my bacon!"
Spiro Agnew = Grow a penis
Always a favorite, along with:

Ronald Wilson Reagan = Insane Anglo Warlord
Dave
RH Draney
2020-10-02 01:58:47 UTC
Post by Dave Garrett
Post by Terry del Fuego
On Thu, 1 Oct 2020 00:10:49 -0700 (PDT), "Dave P."
Post by Dave P.
"Terry ate my bacon!"
Spiro Agnew = Grow a penis
Ronald Wilson Reagan = Insane Anglo Warlord
Theresa May = Yeah, master!
Britney Spears = Presbyterians

....r