Patricia Kennealy-Morrison, 75, music journalist; occult/,mystery author; Mensan; Jim Morrison's widow
2021-07-25 14:39:13 UTC
No full-blown obits yet (cause? exact date?)
That Derek
2021-07-26 12:50:03 UTC
https://scifi.radio/2021/07/23/patricia-kennealy-morrison-gone-at-74/

Patricia Kennealy Morrison, Gone at 74

by SCIFI.radio | Jul 23, 2021 | Science Fiction / Fantasy

Patricia Kennealy Morrison March 4, 1946 – July 23, 2021

American SF & mystery author Patricia Kennealy Morrison has died in her sleep. She was 74.

Morrison’s published works include rock criticism, a memoir, and two series of science fiction/fantasy and murder mystery novels. Her books are evenly divided between the series The Keltiad and The Rock & Roll Murders: The Rennie Stride Mysteries.

Her other significant book was Strange Days: My Life With And Without Jim Morrison [1992].

As first a writer and then the editor-in-chief of Jazz & Pop magazine in the late 1960s, she was one of the first women rock critics. She was a Dame of the Ordo Supremus Militaris Templi Hierosolymitani, a High Priestess in a Celtic Pagan tradition and a member of Mensa.

Her sister Regina passed away earlier this year with cancer, and her handfasted beloved Jim Morrison in 1971.
Diner
2021-07-27 13:00:11 UTC
"Handfasted"? Had to look that one up.
Couldn't they have just said "husband"?
Kenny McCormack
2021-07-27 16:00:36 UTC
Post by Diner
"Handfasted"? Had to look that one up.
Couldn't they have just said "husband"?
Really? I guess I'll have to look it up as well.

I assumed it was a (really bad) typo. The context made it clear that
the writer intended "husband", so just a really bad typo.
http://user.xmission.com/~gazelle/Sigs/RepInsults
Big Mongo
2021-07-27 16:55:07 UTC
Where is she going to be interred? Next to JM in Père Lachaise?