(Deathwatch) The 2019 MLB Season
2019-10-31 02:38:17 UTC
Washington just went up 3-2 in the seventh inning and has runners on first and second. The Astros could be on the ropes.

God, I'm going to miss Baseball for the next four months.
Michael OConnor
2019-10-31 03:50:51 UTC
Congratulations to the Washington Nationals on the 2019 World Series championship!

This was the first time the visiting team won all seven games of a best-of-seven series; it's never happened in the NBA or NHL postseason either.
David Carson
2019-10-31 05:24:06 UTC
On Wed, 30 Oct 2019 20:50:51 -0700 (PDT), Michael OConnor
Post by Michael OConnor
Congratulations to the Washington Nationals on the 2019 World Series championship!
This was the first time the visiting team won all seven games of a best-of-seven series; it's never happened in the NBA or NHL postseason either.
Given how superstitious a lot of players are, I was wondering before the
game whether there had been any discussion in the Astros clubhouse of them
wearing their away uniforms tonight, and whether that would even be
allowed by MLB.
Michael OConnor
2019-10-31 05:44:23 UTC
Post by David Carson
Given how superstitious a lot of players are, I was wondering before the
game whether there had been any discussion in the Astros clubhouse of them
wearing their away uniforms tonight, and whether that would even be
allowed by MLB.
I think they have to give a certain amount of advance notice in order to do that, and both teams have to agree to it ahead of time.

I remember a pro football game between the Minnesota Vikings and somebody (Detroit Lions I think), and the game was held in Minnesota sometime around 1964, and the Vikings decided to wear their away white uniforms because the home crowd never got to see them wearing them. The only problem was, there was some sort of mix-up at the league office and the Lions were never notified to wear their dark uniforms for the game, and you had both teams coming out onto the field wearing white uniforms. As you can understand, there were all sorts of problems and the quarterbacks didn't know who to throw to because except for the helmets, everybody pretty much looked the same.

It wasn't until the game was well under way before some equipment guy showed up with the Vikings purple uniform tops, and play was halted for about five minutes when the Vikings players walked over to the sidelines, removed their white jerseys, and put on their purple jerseys, and then play resumed. I've seen film footage of this, and it is one of the funniest things I have ever seen in professional sports.

I found the film clip; it was from NFL Films:

Alfalfa Bill
2019-10-31 21:57:49 UTC
Post by Michael OConnor
Washington just went up 3-2 in the seventh inning and has runners on first and second. The Astros could be on the ropes.
God, I'm going to miss Baseball for the next four months.
There are not four seasons but only two: the baseball season and the void.