John Naisbitt, 92, futurologist/author (Megatrends) -- didn't see that one coming
2021-04-10 01:59:20 UTC
Per Wikipedia but, a;as@, the cited artcle is in German.
That Derek
2021-04-10 14:30:39 UTC
https://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory/john-naisbitt-author-bestseller-megatrends-dies-92-76992136

John Naisbitt, author of bestseller 'Megatrends,' dies at 92

The American author John Naisbitt, whose 1982 bestselling book Megatrends was published in dozens of countries, has died at 92

ByThe Associated Press
April 10, 2021, 9:18 AM
• 1 min read

BERLIN -- The American author John Naisbitt, whose 1982 bestselling book “Megatrends” was published in dozens of countries, has died at 92, the Austrian news agency APA has reported.

Naisbitt died in his home at Lake Woerthersee on Thursday, a friend of the family told APA. The cause of death was not given.

aisbitt was born on January 15, 1929, in Salt Lake City and grew up in Glenwood, Utah.

His book “Megatrends: Ten New Directions Transforming Our Lives” was about understanding the present in order to predict the future. Naisbitt published several other books, some of them dealing with the rise of China. He also founded the Naisbitt China Institute, a research institution studying the transformation of China and gave many lectures on future studies during his career.
radioacti...@gmail.com
2021-04-10 22:08:48 UTC
Anyone know which, if any, bold predictions he made way back when that remarkably came to pass?

It seems to me that any futurist upon his demise must have made at least three, EACH of which must have been BOLD. (That is, nothing like "Computers will play an increasingly vital role in our daily lives. should ever count. Or anything like "JFK Jr. will will one day win the presidency." [D'oh!]

2021-04-10 22:28:05 UTC
Post by ***@gmail.com
Anyone know which, if any, bold predictions he made way back when that
remarkably came to pass?
It seems to me that any futurist upon his demise must have made at least
three, EACH of which must have been BOLD. (That is, nothing like "Computers
will play an increasingly vital role in our daily lives. should ever count.
Or anything like "JFK Jr. will will one day win the presidency." [D'oh!]
BRYAN STYBLE/Florida
This is what Forbes came up with. If you want to read it, turn off
javascript.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/robasghar/2013/10/03/5-business-and-tech-pr
edictions-that-turned-out-right/?sh=2d12f7467953

Highlights:

1. High tech and the human touch would reinforce each other.
2. Biology and medicine would rise above electronics.
3. Automation would shake the economic landscape.
4. Entrepreneurialism would be on the rise.
5. Networks, not hierarchies, would become the dominant model.