Hassan Nasrallah, 64, turban-topped terrorist top-cat
Add Reply
bryan_styble
2024-09-28 20:11:52 UTC
Okay, I guess the late Nasallah's title was Secretary-General of
Hezbollah, the so-called Party of G-d.

(Gotta love how the try to steal UN legitimacy* with choosing THAT as
the title, but why not something catchier, like Grand Poobah?)

For those who have a hard time keeping all the various anti-Zionist
bigwigs straight dead or alive, this coverage linked below from the U.S.
arm of The Sun provides a handy Hezbollah hierarchy chart! (It's not
unlike those wonderful white-collar or mobster photo arrays New York
newspapers used to publish from time to time.)

Anyone else herein have a hard time keeping straight all these foreign
names transliterated from Arabic and Farsi?

BRYAN STYBLE/Florida
-----------------------
* Well, at least legitimate in the eyes of those to the left of the
moderate right.
=================
https://www.the-sun.com/news/12557338/mystery-hezbollah-leader-nasrallah-lebanon-israel/
bryan_styble
2024-09-29 17:28:59 UTC
Those of us who, as the familiar Joni Mitchell* lyric posits, always
strive to see things "from both sides" shall appreciate this coverage
from Al Jazeera**, featuring perspectives of the late Nasrallah's fans,
hailing him as an inspiring guy and "brother".

These folks quoted therein are presumably Mohammedans, but there are
many Maronite or Eastern Orthodox Christians, Chaldeans, etc., also
living there in The Levant, so who knows? (Besides, one can always
merely pretend to believe.)

BRYAN STYBLE/Florida
-----------------------
* No, Judy Collins DIDN'T write it.
** I'm certainly never a critic of Israel's survivalist foreign
policy--they're in a unique geopolitical position, after all--but over
the last couple decades I've often tuned into Al Jazeera's USA-feed, and
seldom felt propagandized. (In Chicago, Albuquerque and then Seattle
I've had occasionally their cable TV carriage for a while--you know how
cable providers often shuffle your channel array--and was shocked but
delighted to find their news operation largely upholding just-the-facts
journalistic principles. And some of their anchors spoke better English
than certain ungrammatical-"like"-happy American anchors*** we viewers
endure stateside; meanwhile, I was also gratified to find Al Jazeera's
NON-news programming top-notch; they also often air various
foreign-produced documentaries, many of which are well-produced and
informative.)
*** Hoda Kotb being the most annoying example; thank Heavens that dimwit
Kotb (and her dancing eyebrows) is finally leaving Today, thus freeing
NBC to find a COMPETENT partner for the uber-talented Savannah Guthrie;
if there's a G-d, that witty hunk Craig Melvin will get promoted into
Matt Lauer's disgraced chair.
2024-09-30 08:01:33 UTC
Is there someone out there that can get Mr. B S some help?