Benjamin J. Epstein 1983-2021
2021-08-21 23:17:42 UTC
In my earlier days on this newsgroup I noted the death of my oldest
first cousin,Donald Epstein(1943-98),whose survivors included his
wife and teenage son...having reached the age of 38,at which his father
had married,Donald's son died August 15th (I learned of it today).

radioacti...@gmail.com
2021-08-22 02:10:26 UTC
Good to hear from you again, Louis, though I'm sorry it was prompted by a death in your clan.

Meanwhile, I'm curious if you know anything about that Liechtenstein princess and conseort who died this week; she seems to have been pretty steeped in the Euro royalty thing, and not a bad looker either.

BRYAN STYBLE/Florida
radioacti...@gmail.com
2021-08-22 02:20:30 UTC
ADDENDUM for Sir Louis:

Speaking of heirs, I'm curious as to who you're pulling for to inherit the J! mantle from (the under-heralded) Art Fleming and (the rather-overrated) Alex Trebek; I'm guessing that, like Derek indicted in another thread, you're partial to showbiz neuroscientist Mayim Bialik nee' Blossom?

STYBLE/Florida
Louis Epstein
2021-08-22 19:50:42 UTC
Post by ***@gmail.com
Speaking of heirs, I'm curious as to who you're pulling for to inherit the
J! mantle from (the under-heralded) Art Fleming and (the rather-overrated)
Alex Trebek; I'm guessing that, like Derek indicted in another thread, you're
partial to showbiz neuroscientist Mayim Bialik nee' Blossom?
Can't even remember how many years it's been since I watched the show.

(As for Benjamin I think I last saw him at the funeral for his grandfather
(my uncle)).

2021-08-22 19:49:32 UTC
Post by ***@gmail.com
Good to hear from you again, Louis, though I'm sorry it was prompted by a
death in your clan.
Meanwhile, I'm curious if you know anything about that Liechtenstein
princess and conseort who died this week; she seems to have been pretty
steeped in the Euro royalty thing, and not a bad looker either.
Not really...Bohemian nobles are not a strong point with me
(that's her heritage),and I know more about her daughter-in-law
the Bavarian princess who's in line to the Jacobite claims to
Britain.

Though I do have an all-but-unwritten fiction project (started the story
and got kicked out of writers' workshop before I could read it,haven't
touched it since) where a NY assistant manager of an electronics store
inherits the throne of a fictional kingdom between Bavaria and Bohemia
as the result of a terrorist bombing of a a railroad car that held his
royal relatives.
Adam H. Kerman
2021-08-23 15:04:42 UTC
Post by Louis Epstein
. . .
Though I do have an all-but-unwritten fiction project (started the story
and got kicked out of writers' workshop before I could read it,haven't
touched it since) where a NY assistant manager of an electronics store
inherits the throne of a fictional kingdom between Bavaria and Bohemia
as the result of a terrorist bombing of a a railroad car that held his
royal relatives.
Whoa

You're not just leaving that obvious straight line there without
providing the punch line.

What could you have possibly done to get kicked out?
Louis Epstein
2021-08-24 02:19:04 UTC
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Post by Louis Epstein
. . .
Though I do have an all-but-unwritten fiction project (started the story
and got kicked out of writers' workshop before I could read it,haven't
touched it since) where a NY assistant manager of an electronics store
inherits the throne of a fictional kingdom between Bavaria and Bohemia
as the result of a terrorist bombing of a a railroad car that held his
royal relatives.
Whoa
You're not just leaving that obvious straight line there without
providing the punch line.
What could you have possibly done to get kicked out?
The guy who ran it thought I was disruptive.

Adam H. Kerman
2021-08-24 12:39:00 UTC
Post by Louis Epstein
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Post by Louis Epstein
. . .
Though I do have an all-but-unwritten fiction project (started the story
and got kicked out of writers' workshop before I could read it,haven't
touched it since) where a NY assistant manager of an electronics store
inherits the throne of a fictional kingdom between Bavaria and Bohemia
as the result of a terrorist bombing of a a railroad car that held his
royal relatives.
Whoa
You're not just leaving that obvious straight line there without
providing the punch line.
What could you have possibly done to get kicked out?
The guy who ran it thought I was disruptive.
Please tell us the whole thing. How could you not get a short story out
of that experience?
Louis Epstein
2021-08-24 23:50:53 UTC
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Post by Louis Epstein
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Post by Louis Epstein
. . .
Though I do have an all-but-unwritten fiction project (started the story
and got kicked out of writers' workshop before I could read it,haven't
touched it since) where a NY assistant manager of an electronics store
inherits the throne of a fictional kingdom between Bavaria and Bohemia
as the result of a terrorist bombing of a a railroad car that held his
royal relatives.
Whoa
You're not just leaving that obvious straight line there without
providing the punch line.
What could you have possibly done to get kicked out?
The guy who ran it thought I was disruptive.
Please tell us the whole thing. How could you not get a short story out
of that experience?
I don't really have an insight.
The you're-out letter came out of the blue.

Adam H. Kerman
I'm so sorry.
A Friend
2021-08-22 10:54:30 UTC
Post by Louis Epstein
In my earlier days on this newsgroup I noted the death of my oldest
first cousin,Donald Epstein(1943-98),whose survivors included his
wife and teenage son...having reached the age of 38,at which his father
had married,Donald's son died August 15th (I learned of it today).
Agh. That's awful. Sorry, Louis.