General Colin Powell, 84 -- COVID-19
2021-10-18 12:07:08 UTC
Developing.
Adam H. Kerman
2021-10-18 16:08:45 UTC
Developing.
The family of Colin Powell announced that he died today, October 18,
2021, age 84, due to complications of COVID-19. No one has said whether
he was vaccinated but I'll assume he got the very early celebrity
vaccination to convince everyone else. Maybe he needed a booster.

Here's an interview with Robert Siegel, former host NPR All Things
Considered. I never knew what Siegel looked like but the voice was
unmistakeable. Powell was promoting his book It Worked for Me, anecdotes
and reminiscenses. At the Sixth and I Historic Synagogue, Washington DC,
May 29, 2012.

https://www.c-span.org/video/?306260-1/it-worked-me
Jason
2021-10-18 16:22:23 UTC
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Post by That Derek
Developing.
The family of Colin Powell announced that he died today, October 18,
2021, age 84, due to complications of COVID-19. No one has said whether
he was vaccinated but I'll assume he got the very early celebrity
vaccination to convince everyone else. Maybe he needed a booster.
Here's an interview with Robert Siegel, former host NPR All Things
Considered. I never knew what Siegel looked like but the voice was
unmistakeable. Powell was promoting his book It Worked for Me, anecdotes
and reminiscenses. At the Sixth and I Historic Synagogue, Washington DC,
May 29, 2012.
https://www.c-span.org/video/?306260-1/it-worked-me
CNN has been reporting/scrolling that "General Colin L. Powell, former U.S. Secretary of State and Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, passed away this morning due to complications from Covid 19," the Powell family wrote on Facebook, noting he was fully vaccinated.

A source familiar with the matter said Powell had multiple myeloma, a cancer of plasma cells that suppresses the body's immune response. Even if fully vaccinated against Covid-19, those who are immunocompromised are at greater risk from the virus.

Full article at https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/18/politics/colin-powell-dies/index.html
Big Mongo
2021-10-18 18:09:32 UTC
From Peerage News... https://peeragenews.blogspot.com/2021/10/general-colin-powell-his-aristocratic.html

General Colin Powell: his aristocratic ancestry revealed

by Michael Rhodes via Peerage News
General Colin Luther Powell, who died 18 October, 2021, aged 84, served as 65th US Secretary of State in the presidency of George W. Bush. The Gulf War commander who once patrolled the old Cold War border of East Germany with Elvis Presley, was descended from the Coote baronets, and could claim a kinship with Diana, Princess of Wales.

Colin Powell [born 5 April 1937], was descended from General Sir Eyre Coote, Governor of Jamaica 1806-1808, who had children by a black slave girl.

Both General Powell and Diana, Princess of Wales were descended from Sir Charles Coote, of Castle Cuffe, Queen's County, Ireland, created a baronet by King James I in 1621. Sir Charles was killed in a skirmish in 1642.

Powell was a fourth couisn, albeit several times removed, of the late Diana. Tenuous? Maybe. But if Sir Charles Coote had never lived then neither would Powell or the late princess.

-=-
Adam H. Kerman
2021-10-18 19:25:22 UTC
Post by Big Mongo
From Peerage News...
https://peeragenews.blogspot.com/2021/10/general-colin-powell-his-aristocratic.html
[...]
So fucking what?

That one's ancestor was born out of rape isn't a legacy of aristocracy.

I would be horrified to learn I had any royal blood in me. Those
shitheads start wars, enslave people, and have wreaked all sorts of
havoc historically.
Louis Epstein
2021-10-18 19:52:39 UTC
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Post by Big Mongo
From Peerage News...
https://peeragenews.blogspot.com/2021/10/general-colin-powell-his-aristocratic.html
General Colin Powell: his aristocratic ancestry revealed
by Michael Rhodes via Peerage News
General Colin Luther Powell, who died 18 October, 2021, aged 84, served
as 65th US Secretary of State in the presidency of George W. Bush. The
Gulf War commander who once patrolled the old Cold War border of East
Germany with Elvis Presley, was descended from the Coote baronets, and
could claim a kinship with Diana, Princess of Wales.
Colin Powell [born 5 April 1937], was descended from General Sir Eyre
Coote, Governor of Jamaica 1806-1808, who had children by a black slave
girl.
His Wikipedia bio makes Sir Eyre sound rather crazy.
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Post by Big Mongo
Both General Powell and Diana, Princess of Wales were descended from Sir
Charles Coote, of Castle Cuffe, Queen's County, Ireland, created a
baronet by King James I in 1621. Sir Charles was killed in a skirmish in
1642.
Powell was a fourth couisn, albeit several times removed, of the late
Diana. Tenuous? Maybe. But if Sir Charles Coote had never lived then
neither would Powell or the late princess.
So fucking what?
That one's ancestor was born out of rape isn't a legacy of aristocracy.
I would be horrified to learn I had any royal blood in me. Those
shitheads start wars, enslave people, and have wreaked all sorts of
havoc historically.
the human population at a given time who has any living descendants
at the present time.

Some have made a point of noting that Queen Elizabeth II is a 47th
generation descendant of Arnulf,Bishop of Metz (a Catholic prelate
from before clerical celibacy became a rule).

If you go back 7 generations from a person you have over a hundred
ancestor slots (5-greats-grandparents),if you go back 20 you have
over a million,and 47 is 7+20+20 so you have over
a hundred million million ancestor slots 47 generations ago.

In Arnulf of Metz's time there were under a hundred million people in
Europe and maybe two hundred million worldwide...note the missing
factor of a million...one is descended over a million different ways,
on average,from every person alive 47 generations ago.

2021-10-19 06:50:31 UTC
Post by Big Mongo
From Peerage News... https://peeragenews.blogspot.com/2021/10/general-colin-powell-his-aristocratic.html
[...]
I wish Peerage News would pay attention to a bizarre story
that has been working its way into Wikipedia and other websites
about a line of Quaker cousins that supposedly renounced the
Dukedom of Norfolk.
I've noted it on alt.talk.royalty and emailed it to a few people
but no one seems to be canvassing to get the nonsense corrected.

2021-10-18 20:00:21 UTC
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Post by That Derek
Developing.
The family of Colin Powell announced that he died today, October 18,
2021, age 84, due to complications of COVID-19. No one has said whether
he was vaccinated but I'll assume he got the very early celebrity
vaccination to convince everyone else. Maybe he needed a booster.
Here's an interview with Robert Siegel, former host NPR All Things
Considered. I never knew what Siegel looked like but the voice was
unmistakeable. Powell was promoting his book It Worked for Me, anecdotes
and reminiscenses. At the Sixth and I Historic Synagogue, Washington DC,
May 29, 2012.
https://www.c-span.org/video/?306260-1/it-worked-me
I only have his memoir "A Soldier's Way".

For years I pondered writing to him...too late now...because of
something in it that confused me.

There's an episode where,as a major (I think) in the United States Army,
he went to a burger joint in the deep south and the drive-in waitress told
him that the boss would only let her serve him if he was an African student,
not if he was an American.He looked through the window at the racist boss
and left.

But some pages later he writes "I treated myself to another burger on
Victory Boulevard" (that being the street address of the aforementioned
place),and nowhere in between could I find a place where he had made the
racist back down.

Does anybody have a clue?

Raul TW
Here is a clue for you. Guy helped Bush start a war with lies of chemical weapons and then turn around and supported Obama. Unbelievable. Boggles the mind. He should have been tried for war crimes. Good riddance to this lying piece of garbage.
Meteorite Debris
2021-10-19 04:40:04 UTC
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Post by That Derek
Developing.
The family of Colin Powell announced that he died today, October 18,
2021, age 84, due to complications of COVID-19. No one has said whether
he was vaccinated but I'll assume he got the very early celebrity
vaccination to convince everyone else. Maybe he needed a booster.
Here's an interview with Robert Siegel, former host NPR All Things
Considered. I never knew what Siegel looked like but the voice was
unmistakeable. Powell was promoting his book It Worked for Me, anecdotes
and reminiscenses. At the Sixth and I Historic Synagogue, Washington DC,
May 29, 2012.
https://www.c-span.org/video/?306260-1/it-worked-me
His removal from the human race is a colectomy.